|Hiring Organization||Hudson Recruitment Agency Perth|
|Post Name||Claims Officer APS 4|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 44 To AUD 46 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
An Entry Level Claims Assessor/Administrator ensures that all claims for a policy/program or insurance are handled accurately and that payment for valid claims is made to the policyholders.
They use statistical data and reporting to calculate and adjust claims as needed, communicate with and guide policyholders and monitor the progress of a claim. As an Entry Level Claims Assessor/ Administrator you will be subject to direct supervision.
As the first point of contact, you will be responsible for administering and assessing minor to complex claims, including responding to general inquiries received.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
Answering calls from clients about entitlements and current ongoing cases
- Providing information to assist clients with their case status
- Coordinating appointments for clients internally and externally
- Negotiating with clients over the phone as well as email correspondence
- Chasing up documents and referral letters from external stakeholders
- Liaising with healthcare providers and medical experts
- Managing cases and processing complex healthcare claims
- Following set steps and processes and applying government legislation to the claim process
- The ability to demonstrate empathy and patience for an individual’s circumstances is essential.
- Previous customer service experience over the phone.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Experience working within the healthcare sector is desirable.
- Proven ability to gather information and make confident decisions.
- Previous experience in the administration of claims or injury management cases would be advantageous
- Exceptional communication skills.
- The ability to show patience and listen to clients over the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to follow the process, policy, and legislation.
- 6 months of administration/claims experience is ideal.
- Resilience, a sense of humor, and a proactive attitude are all essential.
6 months prior experience in a similar role to work as a Claims Assessor. While formal qualifications aren’t essential, a certificate III in a relevant field may be useful.