- Company Name: Pearson
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $75,000–$80,000 a year
Full Job Description
The Data and Analytics team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights, and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for various functions and business units. As an integral part of the team, the Data Analyst will help extract meaning from large volumes of data necessary to make informed business decisions and help set business vision, strategy, and roadmap, through that data analysis.
The Data Analyst will focus on all things analytics, including business intelligence tools, multidimensional datasets, and partnering with business leaders to answer business questions. They are responsible for requirements gathering, report design/authoring, ad-hoc analysis, quality assurance, and documenting artifacts related to the report development lifecycle. Additionally, the Data Analyst utilizes strong business and technical knowledge to ensure the highest level of service and efficiency for the customer.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Execute the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Translate general reporting requests from the business into data requirements, acquire data from multiple sources, and develop reports to satisfy the immediate business need, with a strategic focus on anticipating future needs.
- Work with business partners to translate data-related questions into structured analyses and share findings of analyses concisely and persuasively.
- Develop business requirements and process documentation for ad-hoc, on-demand, and standard reports.
- Build dashboards to measure, track and interpret company KPIs/OKRs, and identify deviations from objectives.
- Leverage sufficient understanding of the business and strategy to provide business recommendations to business units including (but not limited to) Marketing as the primary focus, with secondary cross-functional departmental support for Business Development, Recruitment Teams, Student Support, Partnerships, and Finance.
- Collaborate within a team environment to develop relevant and repeatable policies and procedures for preparing business reports and departmental processes.
- Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analysis and reporting capabilities for our business development team.
- Work with engineering and data warehouse to appropriately capture and store key data points.
- Enable effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in a technical field, Science, Mathematics, Technology, Economics, and/or a related field OR combination of education and experience required (analytics experience will be strongly considered).
- Four (4) years of experience in designing and authoring reports/dashboards using Tableau (or similar tools like Looker, Power BI, and Qlik) is required.
- Four (4) years of experience writing complex queries using SQL (Preferably Google Big Query).
- Experience working with Google Analytics UI and querying nested Google Analytics API data is a plus.
- Any prior experience with Data Science languages like Python, and/or R is preferred.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting and shifting priorities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Experience with Salesforce is highly desired
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
The minimum full-time salary range is between $75,000.00 – $80,000.00.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high-quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Job: GENERAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Organization: Virtual Learning