|Post Name||Personal Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 35 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 7000|
Your new company
Based in the northern suburbs of Hobart, Dominic College is a Catholic, Coeducational College which provides outstanding educational opportunities for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. With over 1000 students, the College prides itself on providing a high level of teaching and learning opportunities to all of its students. Dominic College is looking for a highly capable and efficient Personal Assistant to join their team to assist the Deputy Principals.
Your new role
Working with general direction from the Deputy Principals, the Personal Assistant will support with administrative tasks, resources planning, and innovation functions and outcomes. Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinate general personnel matters in consultation with the Deputy Principals or senior employees, including recruitment, employment checks, and staff records
- Support the Deputy Principals and other assigned senior staff for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities
- Support the preparation for the transition of Year 10 students from the College and the associated End of Year Awards Ceremony
- Develop and accurately maintain spreadsheets/databases etc as required
- Compile data from financial, legal, and/or administrative sources to meet compliance requirements
- Any other Adhoc duties required to support the Deputy Principals
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar Personal or Executive Assistant role. You will be adaptable, work well autonomously, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work well in a fast-paced environment. You will also support the School’s Catholic values and Salesian ethos. In addition, you will have:
- High-level communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal), excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- High level of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated professional integrity, whilst also always upholding a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment.
As this role is based in the education sector you will need to hold a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration and a satisfactory national police criminal history check.
What you’ll get in return
You will be employed on a permanent full-time basis. You will be rewarded for your passion, experience, and skills with an attractive salary, and onsite parking. Dominic College encourages the development of corporate administration skills.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact McKeag Jensen on 6108 5558 or McKeag.Jensen@hays.com.au. Applications close 20.7.22 If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, if you know someone who may be well suited to this position, please flag this opportunity with them.