- Company Name: Four Seasons
Location: Abu Dhabi
- Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
About Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
In a vibrant urban community right on the water, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island welcomes guests with bright, open spaces, embracing expansive views of the city skyline and the sparkling waves of the Arabian Gulf. On dynamic, upscale Al Maryah Island – Abu Dhabi’s business and lifestyle destination – Four Seasons is located within a 34-story glass tower, both high-tech and environmentally advanced. Sophisticated new concepts throughout the Hotel define Four Seasons as Abu Dhabi’s most exciting waterfront location. Blending urban chic and understated luxury, we offer 200 light-filled accommodations, including 38 suites – all with water views. With six creative restaurants and lounges, this is Al Maryah Island’s premier location for stylish entertainment. All venues open to outdoor waterfront terraces and most include private dining rooms. Relaxation awaits in the radiant Dahlia Spa – with separate fitness and treatment facilities for men and women. Our expansive swimming pool offers a cool social scene with skyline views. With two bright, airy ballrooms that open onto the water, Four Seasons is Abu Dhabi’s most desirable address for meetings, social events, and weddings. Every moment is elevated by thoughtful Four Seasons service, anticipating each guest’s unique personal needs – whether the goal is relaxing on vacation or staying efficient for business.
1. HACCP certification processes implemented with the entire hotel staff.
2. All F&B-related employees be food handling certified as outlined by local legislation. Keep all files well maintained in order to renew certifications as needed.
3. Liaise with Purchasing and Engineering staff as it pertains to food service.
4. Be knowledgeable about food regulations.
5. Regularly inspect each back-of-house and front-of-house food preparation area, inclusive of the staff cafeteria, and log the reports as outlined by the Abu Dhabi Municipality.
6. Follow up on irregularities and training of staff to ensure full compliance.
7. Handle alleged food poisoning complaints, completing a full investigation and reporting of details inclusive of lab results if required. See separate policy for details and guidelines.
8. Monthly reporting shared with General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, and Executive Chef.
9. Create the yearly expense budget relating to Food Safety and Hygiene in a close working relationship with the Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Implement knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Implement sanitation controls in all related departments.
- Conduct random spot checks on food items received for temperature abuse.
- Ensure hotel policies are administered fairly and disciplinary documentation is completed.
- Knowledgeable in the decision and problem-solving skills.
- Will be responsible for coordinating the development of a food safety program with the support of the HACCP TEAM LEADER
- He/she has to ensure that all the related staff is well aware of the food safety requirements and basic food hygiene.
- Assist the HACCP TEAM LEADER in the implementation of HACCP system development, monitoring, and documentation of HACCP systems.
- To assist in developing the HACCP Prerequisites and to do daily monitoring.
- To assist to do the HACCP internal audit of the food handling practices and HACCP system.
- To visit the suppliers and assist to carry out the supplier’s audits to mutually benefit each other.
- Communication and coordination between departments about HACCP implementation and corrective action and follow-up if any corrective action is necessary.
- To keep and update all the related records about HACCP and Hygiene.
- Coordinate regular food safety meetings and minutes and document the food safety report.
- Understands the technology or equipment used for preparation, practical aspects of food preparation, and the flow process.
- To train the food handlers on CCPs, corrective action, and monitoring procedures.
- Knowledge of Food safety laws of Abu Dhabi Municipality.
- Conduct regular food sampling as per Abu Dhabi Municipality requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all municipality and health department regulations.
- Inspect all suppliers for approved vendors.
- Conduct regular meetings with Kitchen/Stewarding/F&B Outlets & Engineering.
- Ensure that regular ongoing communication is happening to create awareness of food safety, the HACCP system, and overall hygiene.