|Hiring Organization||Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd|
|Post Name||Editorial Content Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 49 To AUD 70 Per Hour|
|Location||North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2060|
If you have razor-sharp editorial skills, a wealth of project management experience, and love working with authors to craft and hone their books, then we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking an Editorial Content Manager to join the Penguin Publishing Lab, part of the local Adult publishing team at Penguin Random House Australia. We are looking for a dedicated individual who is passionate about trend-driven publishing and comfortable working in a fast-paced team that focuses on commercial non-fiction.
This person will have editorial responsibility for the publishing process of each of their projects including more complex duties and tasks required. They will have oversight of the production of the book from manuscript development to publication, in consultation with the Head of Penguin Publishing Lab.
Additionally, they will work with the rest of the Penguin Publishing Lab team to identify, develop and edit trend-driven/demand-based titles based on data and insight, and publish them on an accelerated timeline.
In this role, you will:
- Manage editing tasks to a high publishing standard including more complex tasks and duties
- In conjunction with the Head of Penguin, Publishing Lab identify and develop content for publication based on data-driven insights
- Liaise with authors at all stages and guide them through the editing and publishing process including, as directed by the manager, advising and assisting from the earliest stage of the writing process
- Complete structural and line edits with minimal supervision including more complex titles, and collaborate on legal reviews
- Manage author/copyeditor/proofreader corrections
- Prepare briefs for designers, typesetters, and freelancers when requested
- Read and report on manuscripts
- Manage book budgets with supervision from the manager
- Participate in brainstorming exercises and other workshops to fuel ideation and content development
- Work collaboratively across multiple internal teams in a cross-functional capacity, as well as with authors and agents.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least five years’ prior experience as an editor of books for adults, combining both editorial and project management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proven organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Resourceful problem-solver and creative thinker, keen to contribute ideas, embrace challenges, and develop new ways of working
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also collaboratively, building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Word
- Interest in the commercial aspects of publishing, as well as the creative, is an advantage.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favorites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers, and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere.
Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process and help us to achieve exceptional results.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognize and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. This includes, however, is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status, and disability.