|Post Name||Factory Operator|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 22 To NZD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Christchurch, New Zealand 7476|
At Goodman Fielder, our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week.
At Goodman Fielder, our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible.
This opportunity is based at our Meadow fresh Site in Christchurch, where our teams are responsible for turning milk into other great dairy products such as yogurt, dairy beverages, etc.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Dairy Process Operator. You will be required to work across a range of areas including operating equipment and completing quality assurance checks.
You will also assist in delivering and completing accurate documentation as well as delivering quality products to the required Food Safety and Hygiene standards. We want to hear from people who have the right attitude and a passion to make our great products!
Why work for us?
- Free Bread, milk, and other products are available daily for consumption to staff on site.
- Career progression – with the right work ethic, attitude, and values, many of our staff have progressed to become Production Managers and Site Leads.
- Over time rates and night shift allowances apply.
- Long-term career stability is part of being an essential service.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Raw milk reception.
- Processing (separating, homogenizing, and pasteurizing) milk via computer-controlled systems.
- Mixing of flavored products as required.
- Operating equipment to set standards.
- Ability to document key production information with great attention to detail.
- A strong focus on Health & Safety.
- A passion for Food Safety.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Experience working in a food/hygienic manufacturing environment(desirable).
- NCEA Level 1 English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Willingness to learn and commitment to Health and Safety initiatives.
- The ability to work in a physically demanding role.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word, and SAP.
- A Medical (and history) assessment is to be completed.