|Hiring Organization||University of Tasmania|
|Post Name||School Administration Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 70822 To AUD 79090 Per Year|
|Location||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 7005|
The School Administration Officer provides support to the Head of School and School Leadership Team, in achieving strategic and operational activity. The School Administration Officer supports through the integration of information from preparation and/or critical review of letters, memoranda, administrative reports, minutes, and other documents.
The School Administration Officer provides advice and recommendations from a strong knowledge of applicable policies, rules, and regulations. The incumbent plays a key role in the school, meeting its annual calendar of planning and reporting responsibilities.
- Support the monitoring and implementation of School and Discipline level strategic initiatives and operational plans.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of School and Discipline level guidelines and processes.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of School and School Leadership Team across a broad range of activities.
- Build, manage and coordinate effective working relationships both internally and externally with the School and College, identifying and developing opportunities to enhance communications and engage key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the collation and dissemination of information within the School to enable timely and accurate management decision-making and application of University and College policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide support in achieving objectives relating to finances, our people, and compliance activities as required by positional line management.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A combination of education, training, and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- A history of successfully applying a growth mindset and of positive contribution to a culture of the team and individual excellence.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of administrative support services, including the ability to analyze and prepare reports and other associated documentation.
- Highly developed administration and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgment on work methods and task sequence in order to meet deadlines.
- A high level of computer literacy, including competence in Office 365 applications, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word, and in other database operations
The University of Tasmania recognizes that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians. Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities, and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Georgina Sertori, School Business Manager Georgina.Sertori@utas.edu.au.