|Hiring Organization||Brookfield Properties (680 George Street Management Office)|
|Post Name||Assistant Accountant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 37 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Within our office business, this conviction guides every aspect of our work. Our signature structures not only define skylines but are also true destinations — bringing together office areas, retail spaces, and dining options all in one. And our high-end design capabilities and strong sustainability practices allow us to create properties that raise the bar for real estate everywhere. It’s why the world’s most respected businesses, non-profits, and start-ups choose us as their partner.
If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our Sydney team. This role is responsible for supporting the broader property accounting team on both Property and Trust Accounting and provides a supporting role to our Fixed Asset Accountant. This role has broad exposure, making it a great stepping stone for roles both within the property accounting team and broader finance.
- Daily receipting of tenant rental payments into bank accounts (including trust accounts).
- Process month-end journals.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process monthly tenant invoicing including rent reviews, ad hoc recharges, and late fees.
- Ad hoc tenant reconciliations.
- Quarterly cash movement journal – review and allocate cash payments in and out after GL period close so that true cash position is determined.
- Able to read, interpret and apply tenant lease contracts and other lease documents accurately. Enter and maintain lease information in MRI (Property Management Reporting System).
- Ensure new leases are accounted for in accordance with accounting standards and internal policies.
- Follow internal processes and controls for on-site property teams and audits.
- Assist with correcting lease and suite data, ensuring that all tenant/property information is maintained and filed in line with data governance requirements.
- Assist with the audit process for year-end, half-year review, internal audit & SOX, trust audits & outgoings audits.
- Vendor maintenance – confirm EFT details verbally and online within the Procure2Pay system.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Accountant and other team members as required.
- Develop strong team relationships with on-site property management teams, including providing ad-hoc support and assistance to on-site team members.
- Develop a strong relationship with the property accounting team.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved at all times.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized time management skills, with the ability to work to multiple deadlines prescribed by the internal reporting calendar.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to analyze operational results.
- MRI experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.