|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 17 To CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4B 1B3|
Job Description Summary
The Cleaner will work under the supervision of the Custodial Manager or Supervisor and perform a variety of custodial duties for C&W Services. Such duties shall be in accordance with established standards, instructions, and procedures of C&W Services.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep, mop, and wash floors, and other surfaces (inside buildings).
- Use light and heavy (commercial type) floor (buffers) and shampoo machines including attachments.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily and shampoo when directed to rugs. Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, chairs, door trim, light fixtures, and all other horizontal surfaces including periodic high dusting.
- Wash windowsills; glass in interior doors, partition, and specified windows.
- Wash glass and trim at entrance doors, interior/exterior- Wash/spot clean interior walls as appropriate daily.
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper supplies daily. Standard bathroom procedures are to damp wipe glass surfaces, empty waste baskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers, dust sills, clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions, sweep/mop/scrub floors, etc.
- Monitors possible defects such as clogged urinals and lights out, and reports to supervisors.
o, Collect building trash daily placing it in an approved container and place in a designated collection area for subsequent removal.
o, Replace liners in waste baskets and trash containers per specs.
o, Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walkways at building entrances and connecting walkways/sidewalks as directed.
- Performs periodic work: High dusting, leather and wood surface, polishing, and wall washing.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Basic cleaning responsibilities require no previous experience
- Must be able to take direction, work with minimal supervision, and function cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Use a portable vacuum cleaner – backpack style.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.