Law Enforcement Jobs In Los Angeles
|Post Name||Law Enforcement Response Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
As a member of the Legal Policy Operations (LPO), you will be integral in ensuring that TikTok is a safe and trustworthy place for our community. LPO is responsible for balancing corporate compliance responsibilities with the appropriate operational safeguards to protect our users’ intellectual property, privacy, and well-being rights.
Within and across each vertical, we work together to develop efficient workflows that mitigate legal risk. We are here to strike a scalable balance between what the law requires and what is operationally feasible to protect our users.
We are here to help all our Safety organizations and wider company colleagues ensure that we are sustaining an equitable platform that inspires creativity across all markets. Our team is a group of specialists covering Privacy, Intellectual Property & Identity, Law Enforcement Response, and Legal Investigations (Violent Extremism and Child Safety).
On the Law Enforcement Response Team (LERT), you will be responsible for analyzing and addressing time-sensitive legal processes and inquiries regarding user data as mandated by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (ECPA) which includes but is not limited to preservation requests, subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants.
LERT may also assist with quickly responding to imminent threats to life (EDRs), escalating cases to law enforcement agencies, and reporting child safety issues to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
- Review and respond to a range of legal process and preservation requests for user data from US and Canadian sworn law enforcement entities.
- Be responsible for handling sensitive information in a manner complying with our Terms of Service, applicable laws and regulations, and internal SOPs while protecting user privacy.
- Collaborate with cross‑functional internal teams and external networks to deal with issues concerning safety and data disclosure.
- Gather and analyze relevant data to improve internal processes and consistently communicate insights to stakeholders across US and regional markets.
- Assist with drafting and improving internal documentation, workflows, and procedures concerning safety and data disclosure.
- Resolve inquiries from users and law enforcement agencies related to data disclosure.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of related work or internship experience in operations, trust, and safety legal, or equivalent environment
- Knowledge of legal documents (e.g., civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants).
- Proven successful record in handling sensitive matters
- Strong attention to detail, highly self‑driven, and results-oriented.
- Passionate and willing to work in the digital media and entertainment industry.
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, child safety, and other potentially objectionable material.
- Relevant Law Enforcement Response Team experience- especially in global markets.
- Paralegal or legal assistant background
- Fluent in a foreign language: Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, French
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace.
At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach.
We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.