Notary Jobs in Los Angeles
Ropes & Gray
|Post Name||Legal Executive Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals.
These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today’s 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clients—which include many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions—ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional, and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media, and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals, and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring
Become a Legal Executive Assistant (LEA) at Ropes & Gray
Because with great responsibilities come great opportunities: to work alongside industry-leading lawyers; to serve as an attorney’s right hand and play a vital role in managing day-to-day activities; and to join the practice as an integral member of the group, managing the flow of information as you screen, organize and prioritize requests from both internal and external clients.
Being an LEA at Ropes & Gray means being challenged and rewarded. It’s a role ideal for a self-starter with high energy who can work independently and identify creative solutions to complex business problems.
- Supports and demonstrates fluency in the Firm’s Trusted Advisor and Proactive Assistance programs.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor in appearance and behavior. Maintains strict confidentiality in all interactions. Possesses strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates a solid ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills adhering to proper business writing standards. Demonstrates a keen eye for detail in informal and formal communications.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times. Works effectively with other departments, seeking solutions to business problems. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and continuous drive to improve service.
- Demonstrates openness to constructive feedback and flexibility to adjust behavior or performance as needed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
Client Service – Relationship Management
- Fosters open and frequent communication with teammates to ensure smooth and expeditious support to assigned lawyers. Cross-trains teammates ensuring the same first-class service while away or out of the office.
- Provides superior client service with internal and external clients displaying a proactive, “can do” attitude when meeting individuals, answering telephone calls, and acting on behalf of the lawyers.
- Acts as the gatekeeper prioritizing conflicting needs. Handles matters confidentially, expeditiously, proactively, and independently and follows through on tasks until successful completion. Suggests new processes/procedures expedite projects and day-to-day workflow.
- Demonstrates intimate knowledge of the assignment’s work habits and preferences. Anticipates needs and shepherds work forward with limited direction.
- Develops a strong understanding of (assigned lawyer’s) practice and clients. Maintains a professional relationship with other legal counsel, courts, agencies, and professional organizations on behalf of the attorney keeping up-to-date client contacts in InterAction, as well as, detailed client/matter lists.
- Works closely with, and effectively manages, assigned lawyers’ practice to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Efficiently reconciles and processes expenses. Reviews inbox, diary entries, calendar, and other items to classify business and personal expenses. Reviews Chrome River and American Express Card to allocate expense items.
- Obtains receipts from lawyer or other means if available. Collaborates with internal or external resources to address all outstanding Chrome River or AMEX items within the payment window, running inquiries when necessary.
- Actively manages timekeepers’ diaries. Creates draft entries based on knowledge of lawyer activity, review of inbox, diary entries, or other knowledge. Edits and reviews entries to ensure conformity to best practices. Proactively manages lawyers to ensure entries meet submission deadlines.
- Obtains subject matter expert-level knowledge of the billing process. Proactively communicates and collaborates with assigned billing coordinators. Coordinates the proper review of proformas, tracks, edits, and updates, and facilitates final approval of bills to ensure timely delivery to the client. Assists in meeting targets and year-end deadlines.
- Composes edits and proofreads correspondence, presentations, and other documents. Demonstrates exceptional technological/document production skills.
- Proactively coordinates internal/external meetings with limited direction. Arranges proper logistics based on meeting requirements (visitor offices, conference room, video conference, and dial-in number, as appropriate).
- Applies best practices when arranging travel, utilizing agent assist and online tools appropriately. Monitors lawyer’s travel to ensure smooth arrival and departure. Maintains up-to-date travel preferences (frequent flyers, KTN, passport, etc.). Manages airline check-in and boarding passes for assigned lawyers (when appropriate).
- Proactively coaches lawyers to delegate non-billable tasks to their LEA allowing the lawyer to focus on legal work and engage in their practice. Tasks include, but are not limited to, printing, scanning, copying/binding, filing, notary services, document preparation, and package shipment.
- Demonstrates an exceptional understanding of Microsoft Outlook. Utilizes creative problem-solving skills to solve challenging scheduling requirements. Manages multiple calendars and supports scheduling requirements across multiple lawyers, clients, offices, and time zones.
- Monitors attorney’s inbox. Cleans up, organizes, and/or responds per lawyer preferences. Organizes and cleans up Outlook folder structure. Ensures client/matter-related documents and emails are stored in FileSite Workspaces.
Training and Professional Development
- Actively contributes to secretarial huddles and other team-related activities. Participates in focus groups, lunch and learns, and other knowledge-sharing activities including the mentor program, when necessary.
- Maintains subject matter level expertise in the Firm’s core applications. Understands and adheres to best practices.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) applications.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external lawyers, staff, and clients.
- Expert communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.