|Post Name||Legal Secretary|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 37 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 0800|
Your new company An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Legal Secretary to join a locally owned law firm in their Darwin Office. Your new role To assist in our practice, Bowden McCormack is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join a challenging work environment. You will deal with a wide range of stakeholders across the public and private sectors and draw upon strong communication and people skills to achieve desired objectives.
Primary Objective To work directly with the firm’s practitioners and assist them with all matters including, but not limited to, management of files, drafting of documents and letters, dictation typing, precedent development as required, and high-quality administrative support; and To assist generally with reception duties and general secretarial matters in a professional manner and, by doing so, assist the firm’s orderly growth and development
- Support legal practitioners with their day-to-day work requirements.
- Work with the Office Manager and Receptionist to maintain all legal practitioner files
- Provide high-level administrative, secretarial, computer, and project support.
- Participate in the development of systems to enable monitoring, evaluation, and collection of statistical data, as required.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and filing
- Assist with lodging & retrieval of archived records
- Creation of new clients and files (electronic & physical).
- Maintaining files, including filing and general tidying.
- Assist with staff and client meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and planning sessions as required.
- Undertake relief for legal support staff and undertake duties as required.
- Undertake training as directed.
- Other duties as directed, which may include: –
- Arranging appointments and travel arrangements.
- General research tasks.
- Creation of brief documentation.
- Ordering searches; and
- Booking of teleconferences
What you’ll need to succeed
- Knowledge and experience in administrative procedures, including records management.
- High-level secretarial and paralegal skills in a specific commercial, corporate, and property law context i.e., assisting with business transactions and conveyances, leasing, and the development of corporate entities.
- Legal research skills.
- Proven experience in a legal or another professional environment with knowledge of the functions and operation of legal or professional practice.
- Dictaphone and touch typist.
- High-level interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Sound organizational skills and proven ability to exercise initiative, determine workload priorities, and complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Demonstrated computing skills with proficiency in a range of relevant computer software applications and databases. It should be noted that Bowden McCormack operates on the Affinity system (through Lexis Nexis).
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and in a team environment.
- The ability to work independently without supervision and as a team member.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively and sensitively with Indigenous people.
- Ability to obtain a Police Clearance, if required. Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
What you’ll get in return This is a great role for a legal secretary to take a step into a permanent role and grow their career in a successful organization. What you need to do now Apply direct or feel free to contact Michael Psalios at (08) 8943 6035 for a confidential discussion. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.