|Hiring Organization||Kamaroi Rudolf Steiner School|
|Post Name||School Library Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 31 To AUD 33 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Founded in Kamaroi Rudolf Steiner School is an independent co-educational primary school situated in a beautiful bushland setting in the northern Sydney suburb of Belrose. Kamilaroi delivers a caring and holistic education for children based on the philosophies of renowned educator and scientist Dr. Rudolf Steiner.
The role is part-time for 20 hrs per week across 4 days, during term time only. The primary role of the Library Assistant is to support the classroom teachers in achieving educational outcomes for the students and demonstrating strong support for the values of the school and Steiner Education.
The Library Assistant is central to our Library, creating a warm and welcoming place for our school community to learn from and enjoy reading. More than just helping to facilitate our student’s engagement in the services of the library.
They play a key role in fostering a love of reading and literacy for students of all ages, interests, and abilities. This is achieved through purchasing quality literature, their everyday interaction with students, providing support to our teachers, and creating engaging displays to encourage students to try different genres, titles, and interests.
- Previous experience in a school library environment.
- Highly developed face-to-face customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed ICT skills
- Demonstrate a high standard of competency and proficiency in working with children.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with teachers and work
- Collaboratively as a team member of the school community.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently under varying deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised, display appropriate initiative, and be motivated.
- Respect confidentiality in all matters concerning the students, teachers, and school.
- Can create an attractive, organized environment in the library
- Has a comprehensive, current knowledge of, and passion for primary school children’s literature
- Experience in BookMark and SCIS library software
- Experience in sourcing quality primary school literature
- Experience in the stocktake and weeding of a physical collection