Lifeguard Jobs in Los Angeles
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
In this role, the incumbent ensures the safety of facility patrons in an aquatic facility. Incumbents typically maintain constant vigilance in swimming areas to prevent or alleviate the consequences of accidents; provide first aid and basic life support including cardiopulmonary resuscitation as necessary;
Arrange proper follow-up treatment as necessary; instruct groups and individuals, formally and informally, in swimming, life-saving, diving, and/or synchronized swimming; and prepare reports of pool usage as required.
Incumbents may recommend and/or administer approved procedures and controls for use of swimming areas; may recommend disciplinary action for violation of rules and regulations governing the use of swimming areas; and may assist with pool maintenance and sanitation procedures such as daily water checks, backwashing, filter checking, and pool vacuuming.
The position requires weekend, evening, and holiday work as well as work during quarter breaks. Lifeguards may be scheduled at any or all six campus pools and may need to travel between pool sites.
All work sites are located in non-smoking areas. Job appointment is temporary and terminates annually unless the appointment is extended.
Must be at least 18 years of age or a current UCLA student.
- Current American Red Cross (ARC) (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training &
- First Aid and CPR/AED for Lifeguards Certifications.
- Title 22 (to be obtained within 6 months of hire date).
- Experience in/knowledge of administering emergency oxygen.
- Must be available to work a minimum of eight (8) hours/week – a maximum of twenty (20) hours/week during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer quarters.
- ARC Blood Borne Pathogens, ARC Lifeguard Instructor, ARC Water Safety Instructor Certification(s).
Additional Posting Information