Manufacturing Jobs in Los Angeles
|Post Name||Manufacturing Technician|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90002|
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world.
Our four divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital, and Bio Supplies – develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions, and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals, pharmacies, and healthcare professionals with the tools, information, and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Grifols’ three main divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic & Hospital – develop, manufacture, and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries. At Grifols we are united around a strong sense of pride, operating under the highest standards for quality and safety.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. We would love for you to consider growing your career with us. If challenging and meaningful work excite you, make a difference and join us in this rewarding enterprise!
The manufacturing technician is an integral part of the overall process required to convert human plasma to injectable protein therapies. The technician is responsible for the set-up, operation, and cleaning of various types of process equipment utilized to separate, purify, fill, inspect and package the protein products manufactured by Grifols.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for equipment setup and operation in a biologics processing environment for plasma-derived pharmaceuticals.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA regulations.
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA regulations.
- Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
- Responsible for facility and equipment cleaning.
- All work is performed in a clean room (sanitized) manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for basic process analysis such as pH, refractive index, turbidity, and conductivity measurements.
- Operates manufacturing equipment such as ultrafiltration (UF) units, chromatography columns, Clean In Place (CIP) systems, Steam In Place (SIP) systems, and centrifuges.
- Utilizes touch screen Operator Interface Terminals (OIT).
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Associate’s degree, applicable certification, and/or military veterans preferred.
- Must be proactive, results-oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible with working hours/shifts in order to accommodate the 24-hour, 7-day plant operation.
- This job description is accurate at the date of publication. It is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope and general nature of the work performed by job holders within this position.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Other duties may be assigned and the qualifications required may change over time.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.