|Hiring Organization||Allen & Overy|
|Post Name||Marketing Executive|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 5000 To AUD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
A brief introduction to Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is one of the largest international law firms with approximately 5,550 staff and 550 partners worldwide. Since opening its first office in London in 1930, Allen & Overy has grown into a global organization with 43 offices in 31 countries across the Asia Pacific, Europe, the U.S., Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East.
We have a strong Asia Pacific footprint including offices in Sydney, Perth, Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta (associated), Yangon, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
We are known as one of the leading firms in APAC across the areas of Projects, Corporate, Banking, Capital Markets, and International Arbitration. Attributed to over 30 years’ on-the-ground experience, we help the world’s leading companies, banks, funds, and other players plan and implement their strategies (including inbound and outbound investments and funding challenges) in the region.
We provide a one-stop service to clients in diverse sectors across a broad range of practice areas, including Energy, Infrastructure & Projects, Corporate / M&A, Private Equity, Real Estate, Restructuring, Dispute Resolution, Antitrust/competition, Intellectual Property, and all areas of Banking & Finance.
We are known by peers to have one of the top-performing BD teams in the region.
Are you who we are looking for
In order to excel in this role, you need to be a strong team player with a commitment to positivity and proactivity. Communication skills are key; it’s essential you have the ability to communicate with all levels, from Management to Partners, associates, peers, and support groups. The role also requires an interest in getting to understand the areas of business in which our fee earners and consultants work and their client base so as to help identify cross-selling opportunities and tailoring your work product. As such, acumen is important.
The executive will work closely with the Australian Business Development Managers, as well as the wider Australian BD team and lawyers, to support marketing and business development activities that raise the profile of Allen & Overy.
The following relationships are key:
- Business Development Managers, Australia and regionally
- Australia and APAC Business Development team
- Australia partners, and Australian and regional fee earners
- Australia Finance team
- Australia Human Resources team
- Legal PAs
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation, drafting, and coordination of credential statements, brochures, and client relationship statements. Your role may also involve assisting with pitches
- Management and proactive internal promotion in Australia of our global marketing information systems (including our client relationship management tool, EPIC)
- Preparation, drafting, and coordination of legal directory submissions and award submissions
- Helping coordinate the efforts of the firm’s Global Experts and Markets network with our relationship law firms including providing referral contacts, tracking referrals, and preparing briefings
- Assist with the development and management of e-marketing campaigns such as client alerts, publications, and invitations using our email marketing tool, Vulture
- Encourage BD and marketing best practices across the Australian offices, be a champion for the various systems we have in place, and encourage fee earners to engage with these systems
- Internal communications: management of various internal marketing reports, creating and updating content on relevant Intranet pages, and assisting with Australian internal comms
- External communications assistance: firm website content and updating content on relevant pages; LinkedIn imagery and support on social media comms;
- Event management: working alongside PAs and BD on the planning and execution of events such as webinars, seminars, conferences, offsite, and boardroom lunches. This includes setting up contact lists, invitations, RSVP management, on-day setup, and management.
- Team coordination: ownership of Australian BD team meeting schedule, and other admin tasks, including responsibility for noting and coordinating actions following the meeting
- Providing marketing support to our A&O Consulting team, as well as our broader Advanced Delivery & Solutions teams
- Working with our Alumni, Pro Bono, and DE&I champions to provide support on campaigns and events
- Identification of relevant networking and sponsorship opportunities for partners and associates, and planning and support for sponsorships
- Implementation of marketing/business development actions, marketing initiatives, and campaigns
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders
- Attending regular regional and global team telephone conferences
- Coordinating Sydney photo shoots to ensure all Sydney staff have professional photographs for inclusion in client-facing documents
- Supplier liaison, including with external printers and external event venues
- Assist in the marketing elements for the summer clerks recruitment campaign
- Assist with BD-related budgets and finance approvals.
- Periodically ensuring the Australian memberships and subscriptions intranet page is up to date
- Supporting the Co-Head of APAC, and Head of Australia on BD Budgets, team leave, and planning.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure and in tight timeframes
- Enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ and proactive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as the ability to work within a team and take direction from others
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership, or other complex, global environment is desired