Jobs in Manchester for Indian
|Post Name||Marketing Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 20 GBP 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M1 1AD|
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Pearson’s growing online learning services business in India. Working in partnership with leading universities across the country, the Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) International team provides services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training, and ongoing student support as part of our online program management services.
With a start-up mentality, every member of our team responds positively to innovation and is willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
About the role
The Marketing Manager role is created specifically to manage the Marketing strategy for the India online short courses portfolio. The role is an all-encompassing marketing management role, with responsibility for developing and executing short courses specific marketing strategy with the goal of meeting strategic and commercial objectives. This position is mainly business-to-customer (B2C) focused.
This role will be working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager, key partnership stakeholders, and collaboratively with functional marketing experts within the POLS team, in exploring ways to reach potential target audiences and developing the best marketing campaign and customer journey to convert the target audience into learners.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an innovative, resourceful individual, with a talent for drawing actions from data and customer insight.
Someone with proven experience in delivering digital marketing strategy for online products or services, that drives results, is well-versed in multi-channel (organic and paid) campaign development, excels in performance analysis, and has strong commercial acumen, and stakeholder management ability. E-commerce marketing experience is highly desirable.
The Marketing Manager will be the subject matter expert and advocate for the partnership portfolio within the Marketing team. They are responsible for developing and implementing domestic and international marketing campaigns in order to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of multichannel marketing activities based on customer insight, performance analysis, research, and competitive intelligence review.
- Lead the development of campaign propositions, audience segmentation, customer journey, and messaging matrix.
- Manage and allocate budget in an effective way to bring a return on investment.
- Continuous optimization – ensure that campaign performance is optimized regularly based on performance data, customer insight, and market research insight.
- Responsible for building a healthy pipeline of leads and converting the leads into learners within an e-commerce environment.
- Responsible for briefing internal stakeholders and external stakeholders on the delivery of the marketing campaign
- Collaborate with functional specialists within the team (Content, Email Marketing, SEO and Web, Paid Media, B2B) to ensure activities across all channels are executed in the most impactful way
- Effectively coordinate cross-channel marketing activities to ensure a holistic and integrated approach.
- Accountable for quality checking all marketing output to ensure accuracy and brand compliance.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to manage all relevant marketing agency performance and relationships.
Campaign performance management
- Analyze campaign performance in collaboration with marketing agencies and functional experts to drive optimization.
- Responsible for regular campaign performance reporting to relevant senior stakeholders.
- Accountable for performance targets.
- Act as the first point of call for portfolio-related marketing queries for both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the University stakeholders to ensure consistency of all brands
- Represent Marketing in relevant meetings and present marketing strategy to stakeholders.
- Develop new and innovative methods to cost-effectively reach audiences, improve media effectiveness, enhance positioning and meet business objectives.
- Regularly explore channels and tactics to drive cost-effectiveness and economies of scale.
- Develop test plans for new tactics to ensure performance is captured, measured and learnings applied.
- Apply a customer experience-centric principle to all marketing planning.
- Contribute to departmental effectiveness by making suggestions on process and output improvement.
Qualifications, experience, and person specification
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, or other relevant professional marketing qualification – is essential.
- Experience in multi-channel / tactics digital marketing, including display advertising, Ad Word, SEO, paid and organic social media, email, video advertising and content marketing, and others – essential.
- Experience marketing to an Indian audience/market – is essential.
- Experience marketing to a South Asian audience/market – advantageous.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing planning and execution – essential.
- Budget management – is essential.
- Experience in using different online reporting tools and databases such as GA, Salesforce, or others – is essential.
- The ability to analyze data and draw actionable insight to improve performance – is essential.
- UX and e-commerce experience – highly desirable.
- Online learning products marketing experience – highly desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office, with a special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Outstanding project/time management and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to marketing challenges
- Strong team player with excellent and proven inter-personnel skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Proactive and methodical in problem-solving.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- High level of professional and commercial acumen.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning.
We do that by providing high-quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging.
We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norms, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.