|Hiring Organization||NMC Royal Hospital KLF|
|Post Name||Medical Coder|
|Qualification||A Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Sciences|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 4000 To AED 5000 Per Month|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Ensures proper coding of documents in accordance with the regulator’s coding guidelines and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The incumbent checks and sequences the most accurate ICD-9/ ICD10- CM/CPT/HCPCS/DRG/Other codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information. Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information from health records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Computes and gives the correct DRG coding of all inpatient cases.
- Providing training and guiding other coders / Medical Records Technicians in coding, updating them with new coding rules and regulations as and when it is necessary.
- Analyzes doctors’ documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation and Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Ensures coding is as per HAAD guidelines and regulations.
- Provides feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly updates the latest coding versions and HAAD coding directives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs any other jobs or duties assigned by the HOD from time to time within the scope of the job title.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards, and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply with those requirements
- Work in accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses, and issues and assist with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills, and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- A graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Sciences or related areas with at least two (2) years of coding experience with valid Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Computer Literacy, MS Office.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.