|Hiring Organization||Afford – The Australian Foundation for Disability|
|Post Name||NDIS Support Coordinator- NSW|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 44 To AUD 62 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Exciting opportunity for a highly organized and dynamic professional, to work effectively with the NDIS Team across the Client Services and ADE business in providing a centralized planning and coordination point for all clients, supported employees, families, and carers. providing a range of Coordination of NDIS Support services during our ambitious transformation journey.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for NDIS Support Coordinator to join the Service Delivery Department. You will be reporting to the Team Leader, Support Coordination.
You will be responsible for assisting clients and supporting employees through NDIS planning and support coordination. As the first point of contact, you will be responding to new support enquires, following up on any questions from clients, supported employees, and their families may have about the NDIS, and handling case management requests.
You will work closely with Families and Carers, and support employees and clients to manage the review process and follow-up plans. Responsible for service bookings into the NDIS portal for Supported Coordination
To thrive in this fast-paced role, you will be highly organized and proactive and must have experience with working in a support coordination environment that builds strong relationships with Carers, families, supporting employees, and other stakeholders, to ensure we are working in partnership to deliver the Vision of Afford.
In addition, you will have:
- Strong knowledge of the NDIS, NDIS packages, etc
- Previous experience working with disability
- Previous case management experience
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Clear, effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy skills
- A clear understanding of Code abbreviations and working with Stakeholders
- Sound ability around time and priority management
- Strong diary management skills
- Clean, Australian drivers’ license
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of the disability sector or other community service areas and/or worked in a not-for-profit.
- It is also a condition of employment that employees who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination must be fully vaccinated and comply with current COVID-19 booster vaccinations in order to perform duties at any of our workplaces. If you are not medically eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you must provide Afford with acceptable evidence of having a health condition for which obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination is contraindicated.
About Australian Foundation for Disability (Afford)
Afford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being and safety of our customers, their families, and carers. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional quality experiences and fulfilling our obligations as detailed in the NDIS Code of Conduct and Practice Standards.
We will only recruit candidates who share this commitment, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection processes to ensure suitability, and all candidates are subject to appropriate pre-employment checks. Our Vision is to provide innovative and flexible high-quality support that will genuinely enhance the lives of people with disabilities, their families, and carers.
Afford is a recognized employer and our employees enjoy a range of benefits including;
- Ongoing professional development and paid training
- Fun and supportive workplace culture
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, and discounts on a range of products and services including gym memberships.
Afford is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we support and celebrate diversity and do not discriminate. We are for all people, regardless of difference, and know that the more inclusive we are the stronger our work culture and the better our service delivery will be. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, experience, merit, and business need.