|Post Name||Registered Nurse|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 30 To NZD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 5012|
Summerset is one of New Zealand’s fastest-growing retirement communities. It’s easy to see why, because our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Develop your career
At Summerset, you’ll learn a surprising range of skills. So your career could go in some interesting directions. You can:
- Lead caregiver teams and build leadership, delegation, and mentoring skills.
- Improve your skills in evidence-based clinical assessments.
- Choose a specialist pathway and pursue clinical interests.
At Summerset, we care about helping you succeed professionally. We provide:
- Access to external training.
- Paid time off for PDRP.
- Onsite training.
- Days assigned to professional development.
Provide holistic care
Our residents are often here for many years, and our approach to care is resident-directed. The ultimate focus is their quality of life. You’ll have time to gain a broad sense of their needs, and:
- Focus on rehabilitation.
- Set goals and provide support.
- Enhance their day-to-day lives and improve their quality of life.
- Manage their everyday needs, from clinical to end-of-life care.
Aged care is one of the most rewarding areas of nursing. You can really enhance long-term residents’ lives by:
- Getting to know residents, and their families, well.
- Following through with long-term care plans.
- Meeting their health and social needs.
Here, you’ll gain experience and skills you’ll use throughout your entire career.
Come to Summerset
Summerset’s known for its excellent benefits and a strong sense of values around caring, teamwork and drive for excellence. With access to technology and purpose-built facilities, you’ll have everything you need.
This role includes many great benefits, in fact, the best in the sector! For example, we pay a weekend rate of an additional 40 percent of the hourly rate, and currently, we match DHB rates + 50c on the hour, plus overtime at T1.5
By bringing the best of life to our residents, we stand apart in the aged care sector. There’s truly no better place to develop your nursing career.
We welcome overseas applicants for this role who are currently working through relocation or looking to move to NZ. Please note all applications will be considered on merit.
The safety of our residents and staff is important to us. For this reason, we require all our employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19 before commencing work at Summerset.