Office Assistant Jobs In Los Angeles
Aspire Public Schools
|Post Name||Office Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90003|
Aspire Public Schools operates a network of high-performing, college preparatory charter schools serving TK-12 scholars in communities across California.
Founded in 1998—in an effort to transform the inequitable racial, social, and gender outcomes that our communities persist through—Aspire is one of the largest and most forward-thinking open-enrollment public charter school systems in the nation.
Our purpose is to prepare our scholars for success in college, career, and life. At Aspire, we set a foundation for our scholars to gain knowledge, skills, and power to access and make choices for their families and post-secondary lives.
Every day, our community of students, families, teachers, and staff comes together to learn, work, and play in an environment grounded in our values of Bienestar (Well-Being), Culture of Belonging, Community Partnership, Agency & Self-Determination, and Joy.
Behind every successful student is a passionate and dedicated team. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
The Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the After School Director in the overall office operations of the school. The Office Assistant reports to the After School Director but works closely with all levels within the school, as well as with students and parents.
What You Will Do:
- Provide administrative support for the After School Director, such as screening visitors/telephone calls, managing correspondence, scheduling meetings, and ordering supplies
- Process documents and materials such as student transfers, student cumulative records, schedules, reports, and school newsletters
- Assist in the maintenance of student records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, and properly organized
- Assist in all aspects of student enrollment and attendance reporting as directed by After School Director
- Maintain accurate student attendance for the purpose of providing accurate information for District and State reporting (includes daily absence verification calls, receiving/recording tardy students, and ensuring weekly attendance sheets are signed by teachers)
- Manage confidential information appropriately
- May assist in free/reduced lunch program reporting
- Administer first aid and medication to students to meet immediate health care needs
- Assist in the collection and processing of payments for a variety of events such as lunch deposits, donations, and fundraisers
- Attend all relevant Aspire-wide professional development and training sessions
- Assist After School Director in completing school administrative functions/tasks as dictated by school site and home office deliverables; may work with outside vendors, and develop necessary communications internally and externally.
- Maintain inventory including first aid kit supplies to ensure availability of required items.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools’ mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and remain focused; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; learn new procedures and upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Professional appearance and manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, network printing, copiers, and fax machines
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable
- HS Diploma
- 2+ years in a fast-paced, ever-changing administrative position; experience in a school environment is preferable
Compensation: Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or disability.
Marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.