|Post Name||Principal Package Management Spec|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Sciences, Master of Sciences|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||QAR 14000 To QAR 16000 Per Month|
|Location||Doha, Qatar 00000|
The Package Manager is accountable for the delivery within budget, schedule, and applicable quality requirements of identified sub-components of the Project. In particular, for the Procurement of Permanent Material,
The Package Manager is responsible for the timely delivery of identified Purchase Orders and in association with all Project Functions to coordinate all internal interfaces associated with these POs and the effective management of the Vendors’ performance. The Package Manager is part of the Project Safety Leadership Team and shall support the Project HSE policy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The NFXP Package Manager’s main responsibilities are:
- To ensure that the Vendor executes the Purchase Order within the agreed P.O. Price, time, and Quality Requirements.
- To timely identify any commercial, technical and contractual issue that can affect the Vendor’s performance and develop mitigations plan to avoid negative impacts on the Project Performance.
- To ensure that the Vendor understands at any time the contractual, technical, and quality requirements of the Purchase Order.
- To ensure that the Vendor maintains Safety Standards in line with McDermott’s value.
- To manage the pool of resources allocated by other functions to the follow-up of the Purchase Order.
- To organize and lead Kick-off meetings and follow-up meetings with vendors.
- To identify per Purchase Order all documents required to initiate Post Award Process and to obtain approval for these.
- To identify per Purchase Order all documents required to start the manufacturing activities to obtain approval for these.
- To ensure timely approval of Vendors’ documentation.
- To steward any deviation required by the Vendor and obtain approval from the COMPANY.
- To ensure timely submission to COMPANY of all documentation requiring approval of sub-suppliers.
- To monitor Vendor Performance and progress of manufacturing activities.
- To timely identify any change to the Purchase Order governing documents and notify the Contract Manager of the same (from both COMPANY and Vendor).
- To facilitate the resolution of any technical issue arising from the Vendor’s Design Development.
- To facilitate the resolution of any quality issue arising from the Vendor’s Manufacturing activities.
- To ensure that Vendor / Design Engineering interfaces are properly identified and timely resolved.
- To ensure that Vendor’s documentation required to be reviewed by TIV is properly identified and timely reviewed by TIV.
- To support Transit Agent in obtaining all documentation required to ship the Goods once manufactured.
- To liaise with the Logistics department of the receiving entities to ensure the proper delivery of the goods shipped.
- To collect all documentation required to allow timely release at the site of the received goods.
- To obtain approval of the vendor’s Final Documentation.
- To obtain approval for procurement of Spares and to follow timely delivery of the same.
- To obtain approval for procurement of Special Tools and to follow timely delivery of the same.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor of Sciences.
- Fluent in English.
- 10 years of Experience in Projects based organization preferably within the Oil and Gas Contracting business (Technical experience as a Requisition Engineer is favorable, Prior experience in Field Engineering or Project Management is a plus).
- A strong personality with fantastic project management skills is a must. Ability to drive disciplines and any involved interfaces to deliver the package as per project requirements. This requirement is a must and it’s the main pre-requisite for a Package Manager to succeed in their role.
- Thorough understanding of the Package Management process and relevant experience demonstrating the capability to successfully manage a Package in an EPCI environment.
- Excellent commercial and technical acumen.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate capability to take full ownership and be accountable for the success of a package.
- Demonstrate ability to pay attention to detail in order to thoroughly understand and remember package specifications, standards, and Purchase Order terms and conditions.
- Proactively identify concerns and issues ahead of time.
- Willingness to travel (50% with short notice).
- Knowledge of lessons learned, non-compliance reports, and root cause analysis reports.
- Extremely strong time management and priority management skills.
- Understanding of client specifications, standards, and international codes and standards of the material or scope of work.
- Background in manufacturing of the equipment or material in question is recommended.
- Understanding of QHSES requirements and their impact on cost and schedule, specifically understanding of site testing, EFAT, and SIT requirements.
- Understanding of Management of Change procedure.
- General understanding of INCO Terms and Dual Use Category license requirements.
- Understanding of handling, packing/unpacking, shipping, preservation, and storage, including JEIT requirements for relevant items, packages, or equipment.
- Good understanding of major sources of raw material and product components manufacturers and sub-suppliers.
- Understanding of MDR project planning & scheduling, including construction plan with ROS dates.
- Understanding of manufacturing schedules produced by suppliers.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master of Sciences.
- Arabic Speaking.
- PMP qualification.
- Willing to relocate to Doha.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering, and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct.
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important.
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions.
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being.
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality. solutions.