|Hiring Organization||Weir Minerals Australia Ltd|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 24 To AUD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2007|
- Gain experience working for a global organization.
- Above market employee super contributions – great opportunity to build your super!
- Get an extra day of leave.
- Potential for additional overtime earnings.
We are looking for a Painter to support the Weir Minerals business in Artarmon. You will be responsible for all activities related to the paint shop and also act as an all-rounder.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of paint applications including pressurized and airless spray painting as well as assisting with forklift driving when the opportunity arises.
A current forklift license is a requirement.
Purpose of the Role
- Execution of Paint Shop production requirements in support of departmental on-time delivery (OTD) and Quality objectives.
- Assisting in the development of SOPs during SOP reviews.
- Support other departments of the business in activities related to painting.
- Drive forklifts and provide jobs to the painters and sandblasters.
- Ensure the product is marked with a correct ID number and correct date codes so they are identifiable from the ground.
- Completing daily forklift and other planned check sheets.
- Execution of sandblasting production requirements in support of departmental on-time delivery (OTD) and Quality objectives.
- Support continuous improvement activities in the department, imparting training on WPS tools and techniques.
- Completion of supporting documentation and Quality records associated with Paint Shop operations and processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Similar industry experience.
- Forklift driving license.
- Experience using overhead cranes (Highly desirable).
- Good oral communication skills.
- Sound organizational, people, and time management skills.
- A committed and proactive attitude towards Environment, Health, and Safety.
Weir was founded in 1871 and today, 150 years later, is a global market leader providing trusted technology and services which make mining operations more productive and profitable. We own, design, and manufacture some of the industry’s most trusted brands. We pride ourselves on our ability to be where and when our customers need us to help them sustainably provide the essential resources needed by the growing world.
Supporting all our people
At Weir, we wish to encourage applications from all people. Fostering an inclusive environment where all people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work is our commitment.
To view the full details for the role and to apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal. All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and a drug & alcohol screen.