City of Greater Sudbury
|Post Name||Customer Service Clerk|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Duties: Under the Supervision of the Manager of Taxation.
1. Process incoming mail, verify and process payments received to appropriate tax accounts.
2. Prepare replacement bills as required.
3. Maintain the Preauthorized Tax Payment file.
4. Process Elderly Tax Assistance applications; maintain inventory of same.
5. Maintain roll files, including but not limited to, name and address changes, tax registrations, and tax sale information.
6. Assist the Bookkeeper with the maintenance of the mortgage file.
7. Process tax adjustments, including but not limited to, the calculation and distribution of refunds.
8. Provide information on tax accounts, tax policies and procedures, and provincial/municipal tax programs (e.g. Elderly Tax Rebate, Charity Rebates, Low Income, Elderly, and Disabled Deferred Program), assist customers with enrollment in Preauthorized Payment Plan (PAP) and promote same.
9. Perform cashier functions; balance and prepare daily deposits.
10. Answer telephone calls and deal with inquiries regarding Accounts.
11. Review and redirect returned mail.
12. Investigate and review mispostings, small balance write-offs, and credits on tax accounts.
13. Generate correspondence related to tax accounts.
14. Prepare and process tax certificates.
15. Receive, review for completeness, and maintain inventory of applications for tax adjustments as authorized under Provincial and Municipal legislation.
16. Process and reconcile electronic bank lines.
17. Prepare mortgage audits for financial institutions and process required documentation.
18. Process rent attornment cheques, calculate applicable taxes, and record distribution.
19. Provide input into the development and maintenance of tax procedures.
20. Liaise with Customer Service Centres on taxation issues (e.g. systems support, internal troubleshooting, etc.).
21. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
22. Perform other related duties as required.
Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
Completion of Municipal Tax Administration Program an asset.
Over one (1) up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience in a Finance Department.
Knowledge of applicable legislation and related regulations.
Knowledge of microcomputer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. file maintenance, word processing, spreadsheet applications, information input, and retrieval, etc.).
Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
Ability to handle large-volume functions.
Ability to function within a team environment.
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal and written skills are an asset.
Satisfactory health, attendance, and former employment history.
Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record will be considered an asset.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.