Loblaw Companies Limited
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 To CAD 16 Per Hour|
|Location||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6H 5W8|
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbors, family members, and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Why is this role important
Our Cashiers connect with customers through delightful conversations and efficient transactions to create a memorable in-store shopping experience.
What you’ll do
- Provide great customer service
- Scan products and process customer transactions accurately
- Support in the delivery of company-directed promotions and programs
- Handle cash and credit card transactions
- Keep the register area neat and stocked with essential supplies
- Assist customers with general inquiries
- Maintain a positive environment in the store
Who you are
- A team player with good communication skills
- Adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
- Resourceful and courteous when resolving inquiries
- Motivated to learn new things and deliver great customer service
Experience you bring
- Good news! No previous experience is required. We provide you with training to set you up for success!
What you bring
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which may include days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to move 25lbs and remain in a stationary or standing position for entire shifts
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture.
We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Type of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates, and customers.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment.
We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs knowing so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.