|Post Name||Plumber (Journeyman)|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 34 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2L5|
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who thrives in a team-oriented workplace to perform daily plumbing tasks? Our Journeyman Plumber assists with projects from installing plumbing systems to completing maintenance duties at NAIT Campus.
If you like to work in a stable environment with no travel requirements outside Calgary, join Edon today!
We are a major player in Alberta’s real estate market with 30 years of growth. We have added 350 Team Members over the past three years creating exciting opportunities.
We continue to expand and deliver complete building management solutions through our integrated services model to a diverse group of clientele throughout Alberta.
To remain competitive, we improve and change the way we do business and are looking for, brilliant contributors, with creative ideas that want to make a difference.
As a contributor to Edon’s operations group you will:
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Receive competitive pay, benefits, and RRSP matching
- Have Monday to Friday shifts (only occasional on-call weekends)
- Have supporting managers and team members to help you succeed
- We foster a friendly and open culture that provides opportunity and work-life balance
- Learn business processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work in an environment where education, personal development, and growth are supported and valued
- Have the desire to grow within the Edon organization and explore opportunities it has to offer
What will you do?
- Perform commercial plumbing tasks including but not limited to installing and servicing plumbing systems, fixtures, pipes, and controls; assembling and installing valves and fittings
- Install, repair, and maintain gas meters, regulators, gas lines, and gas appliances
- Action work orders, investigate tenant/client complaints, conduct tests, and identify solutions to ensure optimal function of plumbing throughout sites
- Read and interpret building plans, blueprints, and specifications
- Complete maintenance duties as required in accordance with code requirements and Edon/client standards (e.g. clearing drains, checking filters, cleaning sump pits and grease traps)
- Assisting with preventive maintenance responsibilities such as annual inspection of backflow preventers
- Adhere to Edon’s Quality Management System policies as well as OHS legislation and regulations
What are we looking for?
- Holds a Journeyman Plumber certificate in the province of Alberta
- Holds a Gasfitter certificate in the province of Alberta
- A dual journeyman certification with HVAC is considered an asset
- Cross Connection certificate is considered an asset
- Minimum four years of operational experience in facility operations
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Physical stamina required to lift items in excess of 25 kg, stand for long periods, and work in cramped positions
- Owns basic plumbing tools to perform maintenance and repairs
Be part of the change and join Edon Management at an exciting time.