Apartment Management Jobs In Los Angeles
Moss & Company
|Post Name||Property Manager|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
In 1990, as the demand for specialized regional expertise and good management crew, Cindy and Ron introduced third-party property management to Moss Management Services, Inc.
You are responsible for meeting the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your assigned Community by achieving revenue growth, occupancy, and reputation management goals.
You accomplish these goals by leading your team in creating the greatest possible living experience and well-being of all individuals associated with the Community, both team members, and residents.
You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for Moss & Company. You are the number one Ambassador of the Moss & Company Culture and Vision within your Community.
Customer Experience and Leadership:
- Provides leadership for the Community by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the teams to achieve it.
- Oversees the day-to-day financial, sales, marketing, maintenance, and operations of the Community.
- Promotes regular communication and transparency within the Community through daily huddles, and regular team, and one-on-one meetings.
- Manages Move-In and Move-Out experience provided by the Community and the overall resident engagement.
- Promotes and upholds company culture, vision, and core values.
- Efficiently handles resident requests and concerns.
- Focuses on identifying the challenges early on and uses it as an opportunity to develop the team and take corrective measures as necessary.
- Empowers employees to solve problems and achieve goals through immediate resolution by training the team on how to prevent the challenges in the future.
- Selects, hires, trains, coaches, and provides feedback to the team to deliver Service Excellence.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction, and elevates team behaviors.
- Establishes a learning culture and maintains a strong connection of the community team to Moss & Company.
- Provides reinforcing and developmental feedback to direct reports in a regular and timely manner.
- Performs comprehensive reviews of all direct reports, and ensures all staff reporting into your region are receiving adequate reviews. Creates personal goals for individuals.
Sales and Marketing:
- Monitors and drives rental activity including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, closing ratios, and notices to ensure financial performance requirements for assigned Community are being met.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the competitive property markets and ensures Leasing Team is up to date on opportunities and areas of focus.
- Regularly conducts market analysis and develops leasing and pricing strategies accordingly.
- Manages all Marketing activities within budgetary guidelines to maintain and exceed occupancy requirements.
- Maintains and manages Rent Café, Max leases, and apts.com making sure that current market rents and leasing amenities are updated.
- Develops and oversees an ongoing resident retention program, including resident events.
- Creates an outreach and networking strategy to generate leads within the local market.
- Maintains fiscal oversight and is responsible for revenue growth, income maximization, and expense control for the Community.
- Manages rent collection, through delinquency management and taking preventative steps to reduce evictions and write-offs. Maintains Domuso online posts updated on a daily basis.
- Ensures that resident notices are delivered within established guidelines and are in compliance with related Fair Housing, local, state, and federal laws.
- Proactively monitors Community performance and creates action plans to address opportunities and demonstrate a positive trend.
- Participates in the development of budget reporting and projected annual variances from the budget.
- Participates in the preparation of annual operating and capital expense budgets for approval.
- Assists with payables/receivables and other accounting activities, including accounting month-end.
- Collaborates with the Corporate Collections team on collection efforts.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices ensuring these are inspected for vendor delivered services, confirmation of negotiated price, and budget compliance. Ensures invoices are submitted upon job/work completion.
- Works closely with the Accounting team on month-end activities to ensure financials are accurate and accounting activities have been completed by the Community.
- Conducts daily walks to ensure compliance in all facets of the Community performance to ensure that the property consistently meets Moss & Company standards, including curb appeal, cleanliness, asset preservation, state of repair, safety, and security standards.
- Conducts weekly/monthly property walks with Regional Managers and Maintenance Technicians to ensure Community compliance with the Moss & Company standards.
- Regularly audits property onsite files to ensure proper resident qualification and screening processes are being followed in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Acts as final approval for resident Lease Agreement and escalates the case to the Corporate team if necessary. Ensures the completed file is immediately uploaded to Yardi.
- Manages compliance with Fair Housing laws and regulations through regular team communication and training.
- Manages compliance with OSHA standards on a daily basis.
- Customer-Centric – Put the customer, both internal and external, at the heart of everything.
- Leadership – Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal achievement through day-to-day interaction.
- Analytical – Regularly makes decisions and solved problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Business and Financial Acumen – Must be able to synthesize complex financial information and interpret financial results.
- Communication – Communicates with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Conflict Resolution – Has an ability to remain calm during difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiate with others handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiate with others.
- Organization and Project Management – Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work.
- 5+ years managing a residential apartment community of 100+ units or similar sales and marketing role within Property Management.
- 3+ years of experience using industry software such as AppFolio, Yardi or equivalent Property Management software, Resident Screening Software, and intermediate level user of business applications such as Google Suite
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team of 5 or more team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Fair Housing requirements.
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community.
- Constantly operates computers and other office machinery.
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, and lift.
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance.
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents, and visitors.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.