|Hiring Organization||Qantas Jobs|
|Post Name||Senior Manager – Planning & Performance|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 90000 To AUD 95000 Per Year|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Qantas Loyalty is Australia’s most valued loyalty program with over 13 million members across its consumer and business loyalty brands. We are a high-performing business and have a history of launching exciting new brands, services, and products that make a difference to a loyalty membership base.
We love what we do and look forward to what we might create for the future. Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards remain at the core of the program while evolving to include a number of new ventures and other businesses such as Qantas Money, Qantas Insurance, and Qantas Hotels & Holidays and Qantas Wine.
Being part of a business that is constantly changing, challenges us to think and move on our feet quickly. Our agile way of working enables us to be responsive to business requirements and helps us to deliver exceptional outcomes. By taking the time to recognize and reward our members, we build stronger relationships with the people who matter most.
This Senior Manager, Planning and Performance is the key finance expert for the consolidation of the financial planning and performance rhythms of Qantas Loyalty. The responsibilities of the role are varied, ranging from managing the monthly, half-yearly, and annual financial closes processes.
To provide strategic and commercial analysis of all new business opportunities and expert guidance on financial decisions relating to growth opportunities; to lead the underlying business performance and long-term planning processes across Qantas Loyalty.
This position provides input into competitor forums across Loyalty and competitor communications for Finance to the rest of the Group Loyalty business, as well as, providing strategic input for risk management for Qantas Loyalty. This role also assists in the execution of strategic projects that support the Qantas Loyalty Group strategy.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a large corporate or Big4 with recognized professional accounting qualification (CA/CPA);
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts/techniques; and demonstrated application of these to financial control and budgeting procedures;
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting processes within a number of departments within a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deliver clear financial analysis and advice to the Executive Leadership Team
- Significant experience with managing the design and scoping of cost and revenue models in support of Business Cases and execution of business strategy; and application of financial evaluation methodologies for the purpose of assessing relative returns from differing investments
- Ability to quickly recognize and identify key risks and issues in any business case proposal and drive to achieve resolution of these issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to develop a constructive and open working relationship with senior stakeholders across the segment
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work to tight deadlines and proactively manage multiple projects and deadlines
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organization that encourages diversity, and supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system).
There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process. Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.