Estate Manager Jobs in Los Angeles
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
|Post Name||Real Estate Practice Group Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
Reporting to the Practice Group Leaders (PGLs), the Practice Group Manager is responsible for the daily execution of business needs/operations of their assigned practice groups.
This individual will be a liaison to the PGLs and work with other firms’ legal and administrative groups to support the practice groups’ goals associated with marketing and client development, financial reporting, talent management and recruiting, knowledge management, professional development, partner support, and strategic initiatives.
Strategic Planning, Management, and Reporting
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of practice group strategic plans and work with PGLs and other partners to execute and/or coordinate tactical steps to accomplish plan goals and objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of practice group reporting, including the preparation of productivity reports.
- Coordinate practice group projects to help support practice group plans.
- Work with colleagues in the Finance Department to address specific reporting needs for the PGLs/practice groups.
Recruiting, Attorney Professional Development, and Work Assignment Staffing
- Assist PGLs in the process of strategically identifying, and evaluating lateral partner candidates in conjunction with the Chief of Lateral Partner Recruitment and Integration.
- Provide onboarding support to lateral partner hires in the practice groups.
- Work with partners to plan formal training programs for practice group lawyers.
- Assist in managing the work allocation process for practice group lawyers.
Business Development and Marketing
- Ensure that specific business development and marketing initiatives for the practice groups are in-line with the practice groups’ strategy. Collaborate with business development and marketing colleagues as appropriate on specific activities, including pitches and RFPs.
- Assist as needed in the coordination of specific events and other related client initiatives that involve members of the practice groups.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Provide administrative and operational support to the PGLs and practice group colleagues across the firm’s offices.
- Assist in coordinating and planning monthly practice group meetings and other group meetings. Maintain meeting notes, follow up on specific action items, and/or coordinate deliverables involving other firm department colleagues.
- Facilitate communication among PGLs to proactively identify organizational issues, identify solutions and engage relevant personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with lawyers, staff, and peer administrators across the firm. A strong team player.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, take initiative and work independently under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience that is directly related to the duties or skills described herein, including at least two years of experience as a manager.
- Preferred experience in a professional services firm, ideally a law firm.