|Hiring Organization||Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Service GmbH|
|Post Name||Production Operative|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 18000 To EUR 22000 Per Year|
|Location||Simmern (Hunsrück), Germany 55469|
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa, we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa in Hull is expanding!
Opened in 2016, our Wind Turbine Blade Factory in Hull has manufactured Blades for some of the largest Wind farms in the world.
As we move now into the manufacturing of next-generation offshore wind turbine blades, our factory is growing to become the largest offshore wind manufacturing facility in the UK. It will grow to 77,600 square meters and add 200 additional direct jobs to the approximately 1,000 person-workforce already in place.
As we move towards the new expansion we are now offering the opportunity to allow you to express an interest in the forthcoming opportunities we have for Production Operative roles.
These positions will start to be recruited later in the year and into 2023, and this is the first opportunity for you to tell us you would be interested in joining us!
What is a Production Operative and what do they do?
Production Operatives complete a variety of tasks, depending on the area of the factory. Tasks include laying materials into the mold according to process specifications and sequences set out by our Engineers.
The materials include glass fiber sheets and balsa wood. Finishing the product includes grinding, sanding, and laminating. Paining the product and final assembly.
Work as part of a team and will involve lots of standing, twisting, stretching, bending, and some light lifting, always whilst paying close attention to the health and safety of yourself and those around you. If this stage of our process is done well it greatly reduces the risk of any re-work that might be required further down the line.
- Organize and use materials and hand tools
- Follow structured work instructions
- Plan and carry out your work, as part of a team, to process materials according to engineering specifications and quality standards.
- Check and monitor constantly ensuring very high levels of attention to detail
What behaviors are important?
- Focus on health and safety is essential
- Exceptional levels of attention to detail
- Ability to follow process instructions
- High focus on quality
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- A desire to continuously improve
Useful skills and entry qualifications are:
- Ability to follow work instructions, and standard operating procedures
- Any team working experience
- Experience in working with fiberglass or other sheets of material
- Some experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment would be advantageous
- Experience in working a shift pattern would be advantageous
- The flexibility to train in other locations, possibly including a trip to Denmark.
What training will I receive?
You will learn the very detailed requirements of the role and your knowledge will be tested before production begins.
At Siemens Gamesa we never stop learning, we’re continuously looking for new ways to improve ourselves and our business.
In addition to the role-specific training, we often have vacancies so that people can apply to work in other departments and business areas.
What hours will I work?
You will work a shift pattern that includes nights plus some handover time at the beginning and at the end of each shift. You would normally work an average of 40.25 hours per week.
How much can I earn?
Siemens Gamesa offers a competitive reward package that, in addition to salary, includes:
- A non-contractual annual bonus
- 26 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays per year
- Annual medicals with health and nutritional advice
- Free fruit in our canteen
In return for your commitment, we offer you…
- The opportunity to become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Competitive Pension Scheme
We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as the home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable), and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts, and much more
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, and reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunities for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence.
Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits. We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries.
They build the company we are in every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework, and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.