Retail Jobs in Melbourne
|Post Name||Retail Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 26 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
Good People, Good Pay, Good Training.
ALDI offers a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. That’s one of the things that makes us Good Different. As a Retail Assistant at ALDI, you will have a lot of variety in every shift.
Whether you’re filling shelves or scanning items for customers, you’ll be trained to handle multiple roles throughout the store. Don’t worry, previous retail experience is not necessary.
But we are looking for people to join our teams who have a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit, and the willingness to learn!
Our stores are open every day of the week (including weekends and public holidays). Shifts can start as early as 6 am and finish as late as 10 pm, and it’s important that you are able to get to and from work safely, so you do need access to reliable transport.
What’s in it for you?
- Rotating roster with an average of 20 hours per week.
- Permanent contract and permanent part-time benefits including paid annual leave paid parental leave and paid sick/ carer’s leave.
- Extensive training and development.
- Career progression opportunities in our growing store network.
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Complimentary access to the MyALDI Wellbeing program gives you support and exclusive benefits in wellness from discounted gym memberships to healthcare plans.
- An EAP program that you and your immediate family can use is 100% free and confidential.
- Complimentary access to our Injury Support Program, where you can access free physiotherapy to treat both work and non-work-related aches, pains, or niggles.
What does the role involve?
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Operating registers and calculating change manually.
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products.
- Training to use equipment to move stock safely.
- Merchandising stock storewide.
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards.