|Hiring Organization||Koorie Heritage Trust|
|Post Name||Retail Assistant / Customer Services Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 32 To AUD 36 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
Are you looking for part-time or casual work in dynamic and innovative art and cultural organization dedicated to telling the story of Victorian Aboriginal peoples and communities? Look no further. Working with, reporting to, and supported by the Retail Manager, the Koorie Heritage Trust is currently recruiting to fill the Retail Assistant and Visitor Experience Roles.
This is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under “special measures” of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are eligible to apply.
The Retail Assistant and Visitor Experience Role is responsible for assisting in:
- providing administrative support to the sales functions of KHT’s shopKOORIE including processing retail and exhibitions sales.
- welcoming all visitors and guests to the KHT, being aware of cultural sensitivities as appropriate.
- answering telephone calls, transferring calls, and taking messages.
- answering general public inquiries on the KHT and Koorie culture, heritage, and art.
- process incoming and outgoing mail, including assisting with mail-outs.
- assist with the setup (bump in and bump out) of events and venue hire requirements.
- contribute to a safe, comfortable, and clean environment for all KHT visitors and guests’.
- general typing and data entry.
- all other duties as directed by the CEO and Retail Manager within the scope of the employee’s skill level and training.
As part of the role, we require:
- an understanding and commitment to the support, promotion, and celebration of Victorian Aboriginal culture and heritage.
- excellent presentation, client service, and interpersonal skills.
- excellent oral communications skills including the ability to deal with members of the public.
- experience using computer packages.
- physical ability to assist with venue hire requirements including setting up and moving furniture and equipment.
This role sits within our Retail and Front of House Team reporting to the Retail Manager.
The KHT is an Aboriginal-owned and managed not-for-profit organization. Our Vision is to live in a society where Aboriginal culture and history are a fundamental part of Victorian life. Our purpose is to promote, support, and celebrate the continuing journey of the Aboriginal people of South-Eastern Australia. Our Values are Respect, Honesty, Reciprocity, and Curiosity.
We provide a unique environment rich in culture, heritage, and history which welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people to come together in the spirit of learning and reconciliation in a safe environment. We are a place for everyone. We see ourselves as a knowledge bank and vital community resource to facilitate sharing, learning, collaborating, and creating.
We will continually monitor and measure our success against our 4 strategic goals: To ENGAGE with Victorian Aboriginal Communities; GROW the Collections; REACH new audiences; ENRICH our visitors’ experience.
For all inquiries or to register your interest, please EMAIL Judy Allsop, Retail Manager.