|Hiring Organization||Canadian Surgery Solutions Ltd.|
|Post Name||Registered Nurse|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N1B9|
Clearpoint Health Network is Canada’s largest trusted provider of independent surgical and multi-disciplinary medical centers across Canada. Working in close collaboration with hospitals, insurance providers, regional health organizations, and workers’ compensation boards,
Clearpoint delivers high-quality care across Canada meeting the needs of patients while alleviating capacity pressure on public health systems. Canadian Surgery Solutions (CSS) a division of Clearpoint Health Network is recruiting for a Full-Time Registered Nurse in- the Operating Room.
The Registered Nurse (RN), provides a wide variety of nursing services to patients and families. The RN uses standard nursing processes including thorough critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making, as well as teaches, counsels, and advocates on behalf of patients and their families.
The RN acts in accordance with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta standards and scope of practice, the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada standards and scope of practice, and in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
The RN possesses the related education and clinical experience to assess, treat and educate patients undergoing a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substances regulations.
- Documents patient care appropriately in the medical record.
- Participates cooperatively and communicates effectively with team members
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Participates in educational programs as required.
- Assists with the orientation and support for new staff to the facility.
- Performs related duties as assigned by leader.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- The work environment is very physically demanding and may require different levels of physical exertion, such as lifting and transferring patients.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull more than 25 pounds.
- There are a lot of above-shoulder requirements for prepping and positioning patients.
- At times, RNs may work in challenging and stressful circumstances, such as in an emergency situation.
- During the course of their work, RNs may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, chemicals, and other safety hazards.
- Ability to wear lead apron protection for an extended period of time.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program combined with 2 – 3 years of recent experience in an acute care operating room environment.
- Active/eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) perioperative nursing certification/Completion of a post-secondary educational institution perioperative nursing program/Equivalent in education and experience.
- Ability to perform consistently in a highly organized, rapid-moving, complex environment.
- Ability to collaborate within the expectations of a highly complex integrated team.
- The ability to cope and effectively perform in stressful and/or emergent situations is essential.
- Excellent assessment, organization, communication, and team interaction skills.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Previous Orthopedic operating room experience including scrub and circulating functions in a surgical suite.
Clearpoint Health Network will only contact those candidates being considered for an interview. We sincerely appreciate your interest in this opportunity and thank you for your application.
By submitting your resume, you agree to Clearpoint Health Network sharing your information with representatives of the organization responsible for the hiring process.
Clearpoint Health Network will keep your resume on file and protect your personal information in accordance with governing privacy legislation. Mandatory Requirement-Proof of Covid Vaccinations:
For the safety of our patients and employees, it is a condition of employment that you submit your provincially issued Proof of Covid 19 vaccinations before the start of your first scheduled shift.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.