|Hiring Organization||Lifeblood Sydney Town Hall Donor Centre|
|Post Name||Registered Nurse|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 44 To AUD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
- Permanent, part-time opportunity – 56 hours per fortnight.
- Varied shifts across a rotating roster – Monday to Sunday.
- Located at Town Hall Donor Centre, NSW.
This is your opportunity to find a life-giving purpose
As an organization our purpose is simple: to give life. It’s at the center of everything we do. As part of the Lifeblood team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to this life-giving purpose and grow your career. We’re committed to ensuring you have the ability to innovate, learn new skills, and embrace new challenges – all while making a difference in the lives of countless others.
Lifeblood has an inspiring opportunity for you
Our Town Hall donor center is seeking a Registered Nurse with fantastic customer-facing experience and a genuine passion to deliver an exceptional service to our Donors. As a Registered Nurse, you will support our Donors through their donation process, while working collaboratively to achieve collection targets. A day in the Centre could see you:
- Greet and interview potential Donors to understand their eligibility and suitability to donate.
- Complete routine blood pressure and hemoglobin tests.
- Set up machines, various tubing, and collection bags.
- Insert and remove needles safely to collect whole blood, plasma, and platelets.
- Provide clinical oversight and guide other team members in the blood collection process.
- Manage adverse donor reactions by providing instructions and physical assistance.
- Monitor Donors post-donation and assist them to rebook for their next donation.
Our paid and flexible self-paced training program has a balance between on-the-job practice and online class schedules to ensure that you are well supported. Besides having a real passion to deliver an amazing donor experience, you’ll need to be able to:
- Occasionally lift between 9-22.7kgs.
- Frequently stand, walk and bend to set up and pack down machines and blood products.
- Use your nursing expertise and hold a current AHPRA registration.
- Be flexible to work varied shifts on a fortnightly rotating roster from Monday to Sunday.
- Be flexible to work shifts at our Hunter Street, Pop-Up, and Mobile Donor Centres.
Thrive in a diverse culture that cares for your wellbeing
At Lifeblood, we welcome different perspectives and backgrounds and we’re proud to foster an environment where people can come together to achieve their very best. That’s why we don’t believe in one-size-fits-all – especially when it comes to your wellbeing.
Every employee is unique and we’ve developed a range of initiatives to look after the varying needs of all our people. As part of the Lifeblood team, you’ll have access to a generous salary packaging program, plus a great range of rewards like discounts on insurance, groceries, food & beverage, department stores, travel, and more.
Excited to join us? Apply now and discover a career filled with life-giving possibilities.
When it comes to recruitment we like to move fast, this means we progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we can. You’ll hear from us with an outcome after your application has been reviewed and assessed. If your application is suitable but the role is filled prior to the advertising close date, you can rest assured that we will keep in touch and consider you for the next similar opportunity.
If selected, you’ll be required to complete a number of background checks — don’t worry, we’ll help you through this process.
For further details on this position please contact Zahra Dayoub at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our facilities are Covid-19 safe places
Click here to learn how we’re protecting donors, volunteers, patients, and our people.
We encourage all of our employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and a number of states have mandated that Lifeblood employees must be vaccinated to perform work for us. Please make sure that you are able to comply with these government requirements, or have the appropriate medical exemption information available.
While we appreciate all interest in our business, we won’t engage with or accept candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Please note, that we have recently upgraded our candidate platform. To apply for the role, you’ll need to register a new account. If you’re unsure whether you have an existing account, the system will notify you if you attempt to create a new one. Thank you for your patience.