|Hiring Organization||InterSystems Australia|
|Post Name||Sales Engineer|
|Qualification||Degree in Computing or a Related Discipline|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 48 To AUD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Based at either our Sydney office, the Sales Engineer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems’ products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market.
Product and business strategies are coordinated with the InterSystems Sales Team to apply existing and new products to customers’ databases and application needs.
The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring, and training. This role requires regular travel across Australia and occasionally overseas.
- Investigate & demonstrate the use of InterSystems products with other 3rd party technologies.
- Manage the technical relationship with customer accounts, ensuring that they are aware of the latest product capabilities.
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Build and demonstrate Proof of Concepts (POCs) for prospects and customers to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, features, reliability, and/or connectivity capabilities of InterSystems technology.
- Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer’s organization to foster the adoption, use, and deployment of InterSystems’ technologies.
- Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration and upgrade strategies, and operational best practices.
- Install InterSystems software and assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
- Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
- Provide application programming in a variety of InterSystems technologies and other technologies.
- Give corporate presentations to InterSystems’ customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events, and such venues. Topics include strategic and tactical considerations across both technical and business directions. Provide technical product demonstrations.
- Carry out formal training courses in InterSystems technologies.
- Support customers and prospects during beta test programs or pre-launch activities and provide feedback to the software development groups.
- Assist with troubleshooting and interact with the World-wide Response Centre (WRC) to support the resolution of technical problems.
- Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other InterSystems departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
Experience & Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT Industry issues & trends including integration and cloud, with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in Integration (SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL, BI…).
- Proven leadership or technical management in an application development environment
- Highly experienced programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, or Java / J2ee.
- Highly knowledgeable in Python development
- Ongoing experience in the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
- Knowledge of application frameworks, application servers, and server-less programming models.
- Knowledge of agile software development processes and continuous development.
- Extensive use of 2 or more databases such as InterSystems Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix, or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support, and deployment
- English language fluency
- Software Engineering experience.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning tools and languages
Education and TrainingDegree in Computing or a related discipline
About InterSystemsEstablished in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond.
Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe.
InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions.
The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.