|Post Name||Customer Service Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 17 To AUD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 6000|
At Torrens Connect we have the perfect position for someone who wants to work in customer service with a difference.
These roles will be offered on a permanent full-time basis, working a 38-hour week rotating roster of days, afternoons, and night shifts (7.6-hour shifts), you will work 5 days per week however your 2 days off will not always be on a weekend and may not be consecutive days. The base for the role is a Glengowrie depot however you will travel all of the tram networks in Adelaide depending on where you are assigned for your shift.
- Are you a customer service professional looking for a change?
- Do you enjoy and thrive working with the general public?
- Do you want to get away from your desk job?
About the Role
We are seeking applications for the role of Customer Service Officer (CSO) who will provide front-line customer service to our passengers on our tram network. Our CSOs are a vital part of the ‘Framily’ here at Torrens Connect and play an important role in providing simple, smart, and accurate information to our customers during normal service and during special events.
CSOs respond to questions about the transport system and provide advice on connecting services and local information. CSOs are also tasked with conducting Revenue Assurance duties in the form of ticketing checking.
Our CSOs are first aid trained to ensure that our customers are cared for in the case of an emergency and provide advice on tourist attractions around Adelaide.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Experience working as a front-line staff member in a customer-oriented and customer-focused environment
- Be confident and outgoing and willing to work in a team environment
- Experience and understanding of dealing with customers and conflict resolution techniques
- A mature, proactive, and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem-solving capability
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with customers and staff at all levels in the organization
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent customer care skills.
Please note that relevant screening checks and pre-employment medical will be conducted for short-listed candidates. These will include obtaining a working with children clearance checks and undergoing a Rail Safety Category 2 pre-employment medical and a drug and alcohol screen.
About Torrens Connect
Torrens Connect is contracted by the South Australian Government to operate Adelaide trams and buses for the North-South area.
A joint venture between John Holland, UGL, and bus operator Transit Systems (a subsidiary of SeaLink), Torrens Connect delivers simpler, faster, and more connected journeys for people living in, working in, and visiting Adelaide.
Torrens Connect leverages its international experience and local Adelaide expertise to deliver public transport to the community and visitors of Adelaide to visit people and places important to them.
How to Apply
Torrens Connect is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
If you want to be part of an organization that appreciates the diversity of its people and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills, please click the apply button and forward a copy of your resume and cover letter outlining why you want this position and how your skills meet the position criteria.