|Post Name||Security Officer – Youth Justice|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 20 To AUD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3045|
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Rotating roster posted 4 weeks in advance, which can truly offer a supportive work-life balance
- Unique career paths and progression
- Working across a Monday to Friday, daytime roster
THE ROLE & THE TEAM
Our team of 32 Security Officers based at the Parkville Youth Justice Centre provide general security services including access control, screening and perimeter security across the site. We are looking for professional, licenced security staff to join our team to undertake security duties for our client, such as:
- Providing friendly and efficient customer service for all persons entering the facility
- Conducting x-ray screening, and searching using metal detection equipment
- Roving security patrols both within and around the facility
- Assisting in any emergency situations or evacuations
- Internal escorting
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Victoria Security Licence
- First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Certificate II or III in Security Operations
- Control Room accreditation is desirable
- Working with Children check, or willingness to obtain prior to employment
All applicants must be willing to undertake the G4S Recruitment & Compliance process which includes providing 2 years’ worth of employment/background verifications, pre-employment medical assessment and passing a National Police Check.
G4S / Allied Universal are one of the largest private employers in the world with over 750,000 employees globally. In Australia, we employ nearly 2000 staff across a wide range of contracts from Port Philip Prison (which we run end to end).
Prisoner Transport for Victoria to Corporate Security contracts with Woodside & Shell and Mobile Speed Camera Operations in NSW to name just a few. Our Purpose at G4S is ‘Securing the present to help build safe, prosperous communities.
The communities we serve are looking for the safety and confidence that vaccination brings. So that we can demonstrate to these communities, and our customers, that our people take this responsibility seriously, it is a requirement for all new employees to be vaccinated, unless they have an authorised medical exemption.
G4S is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who is interested in this position to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to submit an application in working for G4S.