Youthdale Treatment Centres
|Post Name||Inpatient Social Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 30 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B1T8|
Southdale provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families. We work to connect families with the right programs and services both at Youthdale and in their communities.
Southdale meets the complex needs of children and youth with an inter-professional team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, art therapists, and child and youth workers.
The Social Worker will provide services to clients accessing inpatient services at Youthdale Treatment Centres and will maintain the standards of practice approved by the profession.
This position works closely with children, adolescents, and family members as well as colleagues on the inpatient team and other inter-professional team members regarding the care, treatment progress, and discharge of clients.
The worker ensures that clients and their families are provided care in accordance with the policies, procedures, standards, and regulations.
This position reports directly to the Clinical Operations Manager.
- Fosters positive interpersonal relationships with the staff, residents, visitors, external agencies, government officials, and related professional associations.
- Maintains and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Attends work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Supports the provision of mental health treatment services to clients including individual, group, and/or family therapy.
- Performs client and family-centered assessments and treatment plans.
- Supports clients in establishing and working towards attaining goals.
- Leads evidence-based programming and participates in interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Plays a central role in client care coordination, and engagement with community agencies and facilitates clients from Youthdale in-patient services to other community-based supports.
- Develops partnerships with community agencies to coordinate service for clients as they transition to the community.
- Completes required documentation including assessments, session notes, treatment plans, and all other reports in a timely manner.
- Attends weekly or biweekly individual supervision with Clinical Supervisor.
- Be available to work 2-3 evenings per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree is required, and a Master of Social Work would be considered an asset.
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Clinical experience in providing assessment, and individual and family therapy to children, adolescents, and/or their families.
- Clinical experience providing group services to children, adolescents, and/or their families is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with using a variety of evidence-based/informed treatment approaches such as CBT, DBT, and/or McMaster Approach to Family Therapy and trauma-informed care/ approaches.
- Experience in working in-home and/or in the client’s community preferred.
- Evening availability is required.
ABOUT SOUTHDALE TREATMENT CENTRES
Southdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities.
We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Southdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve.
Southdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.