|Hiring Organization||Stack Overflow|
|Post Name||Support Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 4000 To EUR 8000 Per Month|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Support Engineer (Fleet)
We’re looking for a technical support engineer to join our Fleet team. Built from scratch, based on 20 years of experience developing IDEs. Fleet uses the IntelliJ code-processing engine, with a distributed IDE architecture and a reimagined UI.
We’ll be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Enjoy helping users to resolve all kinds of issues.
- Can identify the cause of a problem from an exception in logs.
- Can explain complex ideas in simple words.
- Are ready to keep investigating issues long after most others would have given up.
- Can identify the cause of an issue just by looking at a screenshot.
- Believe that any software is made for its users.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in commercial software testing or support.
- Are familiar with bug tracking tools and the process of dealing with bugs.
We’d be especially thrilled if you:
- Are proficient in English with good writing skills.
- Have experience testing IDEs and/or cross-platform applications.
- Are familiar with Maven and Gradle.
- Are familiar with testing frameworks like Junit and TestNG.
- Are familiar with IntelliJ IDEA or other IntelliJ-based tools.
- Use a deductive method when investigating issues.
What tasks we have in store:
- Processing user feedback.
- Supporting users from all over the world, with due regard for time zones and cultural differences.
- Reproducing issues based on bug reports.
- Analyzing logs, thread dumps, and snapshots.
- Working with an issue tracker.
How we organize our work:
- Most of the communication with users is done in YouTrack/Zendesk.
- We also use a separate workspace for Fleet in Slack, Stack Overflow, and Twitter.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.