Entry Level Finance Jobs In Los Angeles
Berkeley Research Group, LLC
|Post Name||Summer Associate – Corporate Finance|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90067|
The BRG Corporate Finance practice specializes in providing strategic, operational, and financial advice to private equity firms, management teams, boards of directors, investors, hedge funds, and other lenders on companies that are either underperforming or in transition.
The BRG Corporate Finance practice has in-depth knowledge across a wide range of industries and markets, including but not limited to retail, consumer products, financial services, healthcare, energy, and technology. Across sectors, BRG has Knowledge professionals who understand the challenges clients face — making it well-equipped to help solve clients’ issues.
The Corporate Finance Summer Associate role is a temporary position as a member of our consulting staff. This position will include eight weeks of working as an entry-level staff member. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of assignments relating to:
- Turnaround & Restructuring (T&R)
- Transaction Advisory (TA)
- Finance Excellence (FE)
- Private Equity PortCo Services (PEPS)
- Transaction & Valuation Opinions (VAL)
- Performance Improvement (PI)
- Support the day-to-day activities of BRG Corporate Finance – Turnaround & Restructuring client service teams on engagements.
- Execute multiple tasks across a consulting engagement including modeling and client presentations.
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including 13-week cash flow models, 3-statement models, and Pro-forma scenario models.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment; collaborate with T&R and BRG experts, professionals from other firms, and client contacts to achieve engagement objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables.
- Participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, client pitches, and product and practice development.
- Progression towards a Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Business, Accounting/Finance, Management, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related field;
- Strong problem solving and project management skills;
- Ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with junior and senior team members, senior management, and other stakeholders or professionals;
- Mature presence, empathy, intellectual curiosity, and ability to learn quickly; and
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5.
BRG is a global consulting firm that helps organizations navigate and prosper through large-scale business transformations, major transactions, and other event-driven business disruptions. Our Corporate Finance team advises clients by stabilizing operations, driving change, and positioning organizations for future growth.
We work collaboratively with senior management to devise key strategies, develop new processes, and execute successful outcomes. Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, we have in-depth knowledge across a wide range of industries and markets including consumer, healthcare, financial services, construction, energy, and more.
Equipped with relevant sector Knowledge, our professionals understand the challenges you face and will help you solve them effectively and efficiently. Visit thinkbrg.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information.
Unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.