|Post Name||Facilities Support Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 87000 To AUD 98000 Per Year|
|Location||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 7000|
Acknowledgment of Country
- Support the only blue-water research capability available for work in Australia’s vast marine estate
- Work collaboratively across the team and with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Join our close-knit team and help ensure the scientific readiness of instruments and equipment on the RV Investigator
As the Facilities Support Officer – Logistics, you will be part of the MNF Facilities team which manages the contract with the external ship management provider and coordinates maintenance. Working collaboratively within the team and with a range of stakeholders, you will support the operational and equipment requirements of the RV Investigator. You will be required to travel interstate and occasionally overseas and may have the opportunity to go to sea as part of providing support more broadly in the MNF.
In this role you will:
Manage and coordinate the storage, preparation, freight, and logistics of MNF equipment and spares for voyages.
- Assist with the transition to, and effective implementation, adoption, and management of, the online science equipment inventory.
- Assist with mobilization and demobilization activities during port periods.
- Assist with the development and review of procedures and safe work instructions for MNF equipment and facilities.
- Liaise closely with a range of stakeholders to ensure requirements are met for voyages.
- Contribute to the development and execution of capital procurement for scientific equipment.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems that are often ill-defined.
- Work flexibly, positively, and cooperatively as a member of the Facilities Team and other teams, using shared resources.
- Undertake the role of Voyage Manager on designated voyages as required.
- Experience in the coordination of projects, including the ability to plan, organize and monitor progress against firm timelines.
- Experience in the operation of complex databases and/or inventory management systems.
- The ability to develop and implement concise and accurate documentation for a range of users.
- The ability to work cooperatively across multiple teams to solve problems and negotiate agreed solutions.
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- New Zealand Citizens