|Hiring Organization||Forward Ability Support|
|Post Name||Personal Support Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 29 To AUD 32 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales Australia 2020|
- Our Vision Supporting people with spinal cord injury to live their best life!
- Our Purpose Lead the way with services and supports toward a brighter, positive future for our community.
- We Invest in you to create meaningful change in the community!
- Shift Times available are: 6 am-11 pm ranging between 2-6 hours
- Casual positions with Part-Time Permanent opportunities in the future
Who are we?… Forward Ability Support is a not-for-profit organization focused on giving people living with spinal cord injury every opportunity to live life on their terms.
Want to see more?… Check out the Every Day Matters News hub through our website!
You can Read Stories about people in the community and learn about our Team.
Who are we looking for?.. At forwarding Ability Support we aim to hire committed and reliable Personal Support Workers with diverse backgrounds to integrate with our range of clients and ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants.
What will a day in the life of a Personal Support Worker look like?
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be providing support driven by the client’s individual needs and interests. Your Day will be centered around building meaningful relationships with your clients while you assist with their daily routine.
You will assist clients with daily tasks such as:
- Mobility and Transfers > Helping clients into or out of bed
- Showering and hygiene maintenance > Getting clients dressed, brushing teeth, hair, and other daily personal care.
- Toileting > Provide bladder and bowel care, including enema insertion and changing catheter bags
- Mealtime prep > Assist in the preparation of meals
- Keeping the home tidy and clean
- Community access > Support clients to visit the shops and other appointments they may have.
Experience required?… We welcome people with all levels of experience!
Whether you have previous support experience or no experience we provide high-quality training and support.
We invest in you!… What can we offer you?
- Work-life balance.
- Flexibility to work close to home.
- Access to high-quality paid training.
- Buddy shifts to help you build confidence while learning the role.
- Opportunities to further qualifications.
- Recognition and rewards based on performance.
- Excellent career and learning opportunities to upskill you and support your professional growth.
- Positive, friendly, supportive, and welcoming workplace with regular well-being events.
*Please ensure you meet the below requirements before applying for this role*
What will you need to join us?
- Current NSW Drivers Licence and Vehicle.
- Three Covid-19 Vaccinations, other than candidates who have a medical exemption to the Covid-19 Vaccination.
- Available to work weekends early mornings and evenings.
- Smartphone or mobile with internet capability.
- Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain one.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willing obtain one.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to support people living with a disability in their everyday lives.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments.
Forward Ability Support is an EEO Employer and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a pre-employment health assessment, reference checks, and an NDIS Worker Screening check.