|Hiring Organization||WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo|
|Post Name||EVENT SALES COORDINATOR|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 33 To AUD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
Are you a passionate events professional? Would you like to work for one of the leading global companies in visitor entertainment? We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Events Sales Coordinator.
The Merlin Entertainments Sydney cluster includes Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, Wild Life Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds, Sydney Tower Eye, and the Illawarra Fly.
About the Role
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our guests have amazing and memorable experiences. The Merlin Events Team has a real focus on FUN.
While having a real love for what we do. As owner and operator of Australia’s most exciting venues, we are proud to offer exciting and unique events to our clients.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day sales activity and administration tasks for the events business across Merlin’s Sydney sites.
- Managing a range of events from initial inquiry through to post-event.
- Providing quotations for all events across Sydney’s most iconic attractions.
- Conducting site visits with potential clients.
- Negotiation and conversion of event inquiries.
- Work with clients to plan their perfect event and create detailed event orders, to be
- handed over to the Event Operations Manager for delivery.
- Building and nurturing client relationships.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of new publicly ticketed event concepts.
- Identifying business opportunities and growing our new customer base to achieve
- assigned revenue targets.
To shine in this role, you will ideally have strong customer service skills and experience in maintaining clear and effective communication with the client throughout the event management process and a passion for working in the tourism and attraction industry is essential.
You will also have:
- An understanding of the Australian Events industry, standards, and trends.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and being able to build meaningful
- relationships at all levels for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hands-on approach to events.
- Experience using Priava or Netsuite is desirable.
- The salary for this role is competitive for an entry-level Events position, and other benefits include:
- Corporate benefits include free access to all our attractions worldwide.
- Domestic and global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career in
- tourism and attractions.
- Being part of a business built on fun.
Merlin Entertainments is the company behind iconic brands like SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, and Peppa Pig World of Play. We operate in over 130 attractions across 25 countries.
Delivering memorable experiences to 54 million+ visitors a year. In Australia and New Zealand, we have 10 attractions including SEA LIFE, WILDLIFE, Madame Tussauds, and the Fly Treetop Adventures, amongst others.
Merlin Entertainments is driven by a strong social responsibility with the vision to create a world where the global community respects, conserves, and sustainably manages our precious aquatic habitats, wildlife, and natural resources. We strive to achieve this goal through our 3 charities.
Merlins Magic Wand, the SEA LIFE Trust, and the WILD LIFE Conservation Fund. So, if you are vibrant and passionate about delivering an amazing service within a great company and in a team who loves what we do – then we want to hear from you!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin, we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too.
We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities, and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability, or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we’ll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.