|Hiring Organization||Autism Spectrum Australia|
|Post Name||Teacher’s Aide|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 30 To AUD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2086|
Aspect is committed to providing an autism-friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. It is through this commitment that we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Aspect’s School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia’s largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,200 students, with more than 100 classes hosted on the grounds of a less specialized school.
About the School: Aspect Western Sydney School provides placement for close to 160 children on the Autism spectrum from Kindergarten to year 12. Our main site is located at Wetherill Park with 13 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools across the Western and South Western regions of Sydney.
About the role: A challenging, rewarding, and varied role making a difference in the lives of children on the autism spectrum and their families. Develop your knowledge of autism and specialist education approaches.
- Be familiar with students’ Individual Plan (IP) outcomes/priorities
- Assist with classroom programs, positive behavior support, and community access programs
- Assist with the integration of students into less restrictive settings
- Be responsible for the welfare and safety of pupils in the classroom, playground, school activities or excursions, and elsewhere in the course of professional duties and have ongoing ‘duty of care at all times
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Experience working with children on the autism spectrum (desirable)
- Experience implementing IPs
- Knowledge of transitioning students into mainstream settings
- Certificate III in Education Support or other relevant tertiary qualification desirable
- Experience with people on the autism spectrum is desirable
- Effective communication skills
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Depending on the school’s location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver’s license (per relevant state legislation)
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver’s license (desirable)
- Capacity to travel across all sites in the area
- NSW Working with Children Check required
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax-free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect’s online recruitment process. A cover letter is optional.
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. COVID-19 Vaccination is a condition of employment for all staff in Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect).
For some roles, covered by Public Health Orders, the requirement is for staff to have two doses and the additional COVID-19 Booster. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.