|Post Name||Project Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 100000 To AUD 200000 Per Year|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3003|
Reporting to the Locomotive Projects & Strategy manager, this role has key accountability for ensuring their portfolio of Locomotive Rollingstock projects are executed safely, to plan, and within budget to achieve portfolio outcomes.
Working amongst a team of internal and external stakeholders, you will be expected to provide technical and thought leadership in an inclusive and collaborative manner, creating an environment that fosters a high-performing and engaged team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of all aspects of Locomotive Rollingstock project delivery, ensuring it is commissioned safely, to plan and in alignment with project objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Interacting and liaising with key stakeholders to define the scope of work
- Confirming Budget and phasing of Project Spend
- Liaising with suppliers on all project areas including scope, schedule, spend, and progress
- Conducting quality inspections on paperwork and physical work quality
- Producing weekly and monthly progress reports
- Management of internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Ensure project risks are documented, and assessed with the stakeholders, and the appropriate controls are put in place to mitigate the risks.
To succeed in this role, you will be a flexible and agile leader who possesses strong influential, negotiation, and consultative skills to shape pragmatic outcomes.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills that will enable you to build and maintain internal stakeholders and external vendors. You will be highly organized and capable of delivering multiple projects with conflicting deadlines. In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Extensive and proven experience in assets, maintenance, or project management
- Significant project planning skills to drive multiple projects at a time
- Proven background in managing the execution of large and complex rollingstock engineering projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills including negotiating, facilitation, and influencing.
- A self-sufficient and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Proven cost management skills, and the ability to prepare accurate and realistic project estimates as well as proven expertise in preparing cost forecasts, and project schedules
- Relevant tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in Technical or Engineering with Project Management experience
- Project Management qualification is highly desirable
- Microsoft Project Suites software experience including MS Project & Maximo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in transport, heavy industry, construction, and engineering will be highly regarded
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses, and households running.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognized leader in safe, innovative, and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, Own it, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.