|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8Z 4C4|
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2500 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia.
We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships, and having fun! The Victoria Region Team is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join the Team in Victoria at The Heights at Mt. View.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Administrator, managers, and multi-disciplinary leaders. Duties include managing office communications;
developing and managing a variety of documents; planning and managing administrative projects; and liaising with Residents, Team Members, visitors, partners, and external agencies.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect, and integrity. You understand the needs of seniors and love serving them and assisting them to live well.
You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude. You are creative, great at teaching others and collaborate well with others.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
· Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity, and ethical behavior.
· Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
· Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
· Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
· Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning, and work-life balance.
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
The successful candidate will be a graduate of a recognized post-secondary program and have formal training in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, or other graphics software.
Successful candidates will be bondable and have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, or a combination of education and experience will be considered (preferably in a long-term care environment)
*Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults is required.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support, and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacificyet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.