|Hiring Organization||Intrepid Travel|
|Post Name||Sales Consultant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 55000 To AUD 65000 Per Year|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
As the largest travel B Corp globally Intrepid creates positive change through the joy of travel by offering sustainable, experience-rich travel and providing the best travel experiences ever, for both the people and the planet
Travel to us is a force for good and we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. So, let’s change the way we all see the world, together as now more than ever, the world needs Intrepid people.
Use your love of travel – and put it to work
As a Sales Consultant with Intrepid, you’ll do just that, by delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers! In this position, you’ll be responsible for filling out Galapagos boats, preparing quotes for special groups and independent travelers, managing the sales process, and delivering outstanding customer service at every opportunity.
Reporting to the General Manager you’ll also have the opportunity to work distributing promotions to travel agencies, hotels, and Spanish schools.
No two days are the same but some of the tasks you’ll take the lead on are:
- Grow Galapagos sales channels by finding new clients and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Quoting, customer service and fielding sales calls and emails, product development, itinerary building, and trip documentation.
- Pricing strategy for local sales, studying the products and pricing in the local market to implement sales strategies
- Advertising and training of Galapagos products
- Work with local guides, and leaders to help educate them and motivate them to increase sales from Intrepid clients on the ground.
Some of the experience you’ll bring with you is:
- 1-2 years experience in sales of Galapagos products
- 1-2 years experience quoting for special groups, independent travelers, or similar
- Extensive knowledge of destinations and the tourism industry
- Advanced level in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Spanish
You will have solid organization skills, be proactive at achieving sales goals, and be innovative when it comes to solutions while remaining high customer-focused in every approach. You’re unafraid. You zig when others zag and challenge the familiar and always live with integrity.
What it’s like to work for Intrepid:
With over 70 nationalities working with us and a commitment to breaking down barriers, Intrepid supports a culture where people can be themselves.
Our team reflects the diversity of our customers and communities we visit, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including, First Nations peoples, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
Some of what we offer:
- Flexible work options, whether you want to work from home or the office, we have a range of options to suit!
- Experience Intrepid yourself with a free trip every year, travel discounts, paid travel leave + more
- 5 days of educational leave, E-learning, and career progression, we love to see our people succeed
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that offers to counsel for you and your family
- 20 hours of volunteer leave to make a difference towards causes that are important to you
This is a full-time position based in our Quito office, we believe vaccines play a critical role in the safe return of travel. To ensure our workplaces are safe, we require proof of Covid-19 vaccination when you work from an Intrepid office, attend company events or travel on trips. For those who can’t provide proof of vaccination or a medical exemption, we may offer the option of remote work.
- Don’t provide confidential info till you’ve gotten signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your private, non-work associated info or Bank info over call or e-mail.
- Do not trust anybody asking for any type of fee for Job Applications.