|Hiring Organization||Woolworths Town Hall|
|Post Name||Merchandise Planner|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 34 To AUD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000|
What we’re like
At BIG W every day’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big. There are over 18,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions, and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose-led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for experienced Merchandise Planners. In this role, you will bring the BIG W purpose to life by developing plans, forecasts, and parameters that ensure our range has the right mix, quantity, and price to drive sales, and profit and optimize inventory.
We are creating a talent pool in response to future anticipated opportunities in our team. We are keen to connect with talent open to fixed-term contracts and permanent opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop merchandise financial plans informed by top-down and bottom-up data to drive business performance
- Develop a category strategy that delivers on financial metrics
- Develop models and forecasts to support accurate financial planning and optimize stock, sales, and profit
- Partner with stakeholders to adhere to the critical path schedule
- Develop the option plan, setting a framework within which Designers/Buyers can select ranges.
- Prepare the range review for buy sign-off and work with the buyer to ensure the range is bought within plan parameters and OTB
- In-season management of OTB, inventory, profit, accurate replans, markdown, and promotional plans
- Monitor the in-season and post-season performance of the Department and work with Buyers on strategies and tactics to quickly respond and improve performance
- Partner with Category Managers with supplier management, Joint Business Plans, and the planogram process
- Identify emerging trends and changing customer needs and market conditions for the Category
- Collaborate with Allocations and Replenishment teams, optimizing stock sent to stores
- Coach and develop Assistant Planners
- Support in cross-functional Planning post-implementation reviews to drive continuous improvement and the business performance
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, and purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of a business transformation and being a disruptor on one of Australia’s biggest stages.
You’re curious and empathetic, and as a systems thinker, you have an eye for the bigger picture. You thrive in ambiguity and deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas, and continuously learning.
You will bring to the role a customer-first lens & relentless focus on continuous improvement. You will work as part of a collaborative team where strategic thinking is not just encouraged but is part of the norm. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience as a Merchandise Planner successfully trading a sizeable category in terms of $ and options. Experience in assortment, range planning, and Anaplan will all be viewed favorably.
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package including base & super
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths Tech options – Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile, and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career – as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive