|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Qualification||Graduate of Business Administration Diploma Preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 21 To CAD 22 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future-proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated to international scale
- We are future-focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond.
With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
Our Hybrid Work Policy – a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
A Canadian success story – we’re proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings, and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday – we’re open to your ideas and trying new things.
A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assisting with letters, client correspondence, and presentations
- Coordinating travel and bookings for the group
- Working closely with Project Managers by offering consistent & professional administrative support with their daily project requests
- General filing and archiving, photocopying, and other administrative duties as required
- Coordinating with subcontractors
- Project administration support
- Preparing Purchase Orders and Work orders
- General assistance to other Administrative Assistants in the office as required
What you’ll bring to WSP …
- 2-3 years of experience providing administrative support in a professional office environment
- Graduate of business administration diploma preferred
- Team player with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and implement systems
- Desire to develop a career in administrative support
- Attention to detail and ownership of delegated tasks
- Strong written English skills
- Experience with budget tracking
- Excellent organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow-up)
- Good communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Good problem-solving skills with the initiative and ability to identify alternative solutions
- Advanced Microsoft application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Communication skills.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview.
This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted. WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.